Brog Maker Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$182
US$176
Zuni Hotel(Kilkenny)
US$206
Kilkenny River Court Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$288
US$193
US$170
Agoda.com
Kilford Arms Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$162
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Dull rooms ,not dusted in months. Bathroom had hair all over the floor , i had to pull lumps of ??hair out of the bath so the water could run out.
Entrance a mess . I repeat dont touch this one
We would have walked right out when we got there but we were exhausted and needed to rest

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2008

Stayed here in March 06, and i got to say it wasn't spectacular.

But on the recommendation of a friend who stayed there lately we returned again for a weekend in October 08.

What a turn around, the management have definately given it a complete over haul.

bedroom was bright and clean,

Restaurant was the highlight, top class menu, with multiply choices. and very reasonably priced.

Had planned on the heading down the town to some of the more well known kilkenny city night life pubs.
But we just couldn't leave the bar, friendly bar staff full of chat, jokes and banter.

Locals willing to chat and talk about anything from sport to politics.

a most enjoyable weekend.
We'll definately return again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 January 2008

I have stayed at the Brog Maker twice. Once by myself and once with 4 family members. The rooms were large & airy, whoever says they are small must have been drunk & fell into a closet. The bathtubs were a wonderful change from all of the small showers at the other places we stayed on our two week trip. The staff were incredibly welcoming. We loved the food & the beds were great. The first time I was there I was heading to London after my visit in Kilkenny and the owner gave me a lovely loaf of brown bread to take with me so I wouldn't get hungry in England. I can't wait to go back there this summer.

Stayed: September 2004
1  Thank pique1
Reviewed 12 November 2007

Stayed in The Brog Maker for the 6th time on the 27th & 28th of October & we loved it! I cant understand how people are saying that the place is filthy? There was a cleaner there both mornings with clean towels & bed sheets & she was very friendly too.

The food is lovely especially the big breakfast with plenty of fresh orange juice to help cure a hangover! :)

The staff are great....We have to mention Denis the barman who entertained us all weekend! And Bobby the owner who gave us a round of drinks to 8 people because there was a slight mix up with our rooms.

We will be back again soon to stay here again, we just hope there will be some live music this time! Maybe Tomas Jackman (Acousticats) who is fantastic! We go to hear him everytime we stay in Kilkenny.

Posted By Martina & the gang from Waterford

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank GorgeousbutGrumpy
Reviewed 9 April 2007

I stayed in the Brog Maker last month. When I recommended the guesthouse for the weekend, my friend looked it up on trip advisor. I was suprised to see some of the reviews and decided to write about my weekend there. When my boyfriend and I arrived on Friday evening we checked in and had a meal in the restaurant. It was excellent so much so that we eat there again on the Saturday night. It was great after the long journey to have a restaurant which such good food so close at hand. The rooms were perfect and very clean. Above all though the staff were so nice and friendly. They did not seem to be able to do enough for us. They were also great in recommending what there was to do and see around the city. I hope this review can be helpful in deciding to stay in Kilkenny (which is a great city to visit.). I think some of your other members must have been very unlucky.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank oliviahogan80