“Great location. Nice bar. Great food and service.”

Kilkenny Hibernian Hotel
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Just spent a couple of days away golfing in Kilkenny and had an enjoyable stay in the Hibernian.

friendly staff. Excellent service. Right in the centre of town.
Rooms fine although my room had no air con or a working extractor fan in bathroom, making room a little stuffy at nightime.

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed 25 September 2011

We arrived in Kilkenny (July 2010) and stopped for lunch. Thought we'd try a local pub and came across the “Kilkenny Hibernian Hotel”.

Inside it was traditionally decorated with lots of rich timber, red walls and knick-knacks, giving it a warm and homely feel. Service was good.

We enjoyed a nice lunch in lovely surroundings - a real lucky find!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Stayed here for a night while driving around Ireland. Loved the old world feel of the hotel - friendly service and great breakfast. Only thing to caution is a night club in the basement. On a rainy Sunday night, there weren't too many people on the street - but it did get a bit noisy for a while while I was going to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Stayed here for one night midweek in a family group. Very friendly and efficient service, rooms were clean and fine, well equipped bathroom. However the breakfast was a real let down though again I had no complaints about the staff who were very good.

One of my family told me to avoid the orange juice so I went for the grapefruit juice instead, normally a safe bet everywhere but this was also poor quality. For a fry I ordered bacon, fried egg and tomato. The rashers were a dull shade of grey and tasteless, the fried egg was a mess with a broken yolk and the grilled tomato was so worn out from sitting under heat lamps or in an oven that it looked more like a sundried tomato!

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank coylemj
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Breakfast just great. Rooms fine. Location very good.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2011

My husband and I rolled into Kilkenny early on a Sunday afternoon without any plans for lodgings. The first hotel we came across was the Hibernian, located centrally in town, and offering a rate of Euro 98 for the night, inclusive of breakfast and parking. We immediately booked, and upon my mentioning my husband's 30th birthday (the reason we're in Ireland), the staff upgraded us to a Superior room with a fabulous view of the street and a small part of Kilkenny Castle.

The staff here have been extremely friendly and knowledgeable, and we are so pleased with our decision to stay here. The street noise is a little louder than most places, but we attribute that to our enormous floor-to-ceiling windows.

This is our second time in Kilkenny, and I'm sure repeat visits will include a stay at the Hibernian.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amy T
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Hotel in central Kilkenny. Spent a weekend here with my daughter and all her girlsfriends. From entering hotel, we were greated by a pure gentleman. Very warm comfortrable hotel. Rooms 4star.(My suite was excellent).Room service very quick. Dinner in resturant was so so good. Praise to chef and all the catering staff. We were looked after to the best of their ability all through dinner.Breakfast was very fresh, the best porridge and boiling pot of tea I have had in a very long time.(I am a porridge and tea freak).Look it up if traveling to Kilkenny, at least go in and have some food. Lunch on the Sunday looked real good, a lot in the bar and resturant eating, and all I could hear was "Its very tasty". Thank you to Clodagh and all the staff for looking after us...

Room Tip: Order room service...