“Beautiful hotel...”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Beautiful hotel...”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Beautiful hotel indeed! The reception area very tidy and the waitstaff very accommodating. The bar and dining area were very clean and cozy. Our room was very nice, very clean...however the bathroom shower left a bit to be desired...very low water pressure. This is about the only negative thing I can say. This hotel is centrally located near the Kilkenny Castle, numerous shops and pubs. Everything was within walking distance. We enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Finnish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I stayed in the Kilkenny Hibernian Hotel with a group of 20 others. When organising my stay in Kilkenny, I was recommended this hotel by a native. I couldn't have been more pleased with my stay. The staff were extremely helpful, they even accommodated some of our guests with an early check in and organised for an area to be reserved in the Left Bank pub conveniently located across the road.
The rooms were very clean and beautifully furnished. The breakfast was lovely and there was lots of it.
The hotel would be perfect for a group of friends to visit. As it was in the middle of Kilkenny, it was a bit loud for the night. However as we were also out in Kilkenny it didn't matter to us, but I feel that a family staying or a couple could be bothered by the noise.
Overall very friendly staff, amazing location and beautiful rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dublin
Reviewed 25 September 2012

This hotel is perfect for those looking to hit the Kilkenny nightlife. It is right in the centre of all the bars! My friend and I stayed one night here and as part of the city deal we got dinner included. The hotel is in need of a bit of TLC as I found the room quite old fashioned. The shower practically spits water at you and the TV is very old. The room was also very warm as we could not turn off the heating. For girls I would recommend that you bring your own hair-dryer as the one provided is basically useless.
The meal included was lovely but the menu was limited so if you are fussy don't add a meal to your stay and book when you arrive as you will get to order off the main menu with greater choice.
I would only stay here if you are going out at night as the rooms can be noisy but you are warned of this when you check in.
The staff on reception are very helpful although we did have some problems with the door staff when we came back late.
This hotel is really only for one or two nights stay but you will be guaranteed to be right in the centre of the action!

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are quite noisy so be prepared!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Stayed here with my girlfriend and we were very happy with out stay..the hotel is in a great location with a great lively bar..rooms were clean and warm..we would highly recommend this hotel and if ever in Kilkenny again will be stayin there again..

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Just had my hen party here last night. The hotel staff were exceptional. Genuinely the best service I've ever received - numerous 5 star hotels included. Bar staff, restaurant servers, front desk staff all made me feel so special and welcome. Had dinner as part of our deal and it was really good quality and fast. I had seafood chowder and steak- both were really tasty and cooked as requested. Best hotel experience to date. The only thing that wasn't absolutely amazing was that the bedroom was a little small but that's just if I'm nit picking

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed here on a quick stop through Kilkenny while in our honeymoon. Everyone was very accommodating and kind. Thee checked in late and they let us have the junior suite for the same price since it was our honeymoon. Their restaraunt/pub has THE BEST CHICKEN WINGS. We still rave about them and it's now become a joke for us. Whenever we eat chicken wings now we say " nothing's ether than the Hibernians chicken wings!"

Cant wait to come back.

• Stayed May 2012
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Stayed in this hotel for a weekend break from Dublin, and I have to say it suited my needs perfectly. It was slap bang in the middle of KK, so easy access to shops, restaurants etc. Girl on desk was friendly, and any of the staff we encountered in the dining room treated us warmly and efficiently.

Rooms had everything you need really, sure not five star but comfortable, well equipped, and provided for a good night's sleep. Didn't notice any noise from the nightclub but that could have been a factor of where we were, not sure.

All in all I can say if you want something that's central, comfortable and decent value you don't need to look any further really than the Hibernian.

• Stayed September 2011