“Excellent place with small kids”

Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Waterford, Ireland
“Excellent place with small kids”
Reviewed 5 May 2011

This is our third year in a row returning to the Springhill Court Hotel with our two young children. Some of the hotel decor look a little dated but this is more than compensated with the friendliness of the staff. It is excellent in terms of facilities for children and even more reassuring is that the same staff still work here from our first visit.
The food is good but not top class but when you can enjoy a meal without your children you don't care so much !

Overall an excellent place to holiday with a young family ! !

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JillyDH85
Ec123Kilkenny, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2011
Dear JillyDH85,

Many thanks for posting your recent review on the Springhill Court hotel - we are delighted that you have been to stay with us for a 3rd year in a row - its a great compliment! Our loyal staff have indeed have been working in the hotel and have developed great relationships with our guests over the years. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Seamus O'Carroll

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Polish first
Kilkenny
Reviewed 27 April 2011

We stayed for 3 nights over Easter in a family room at The Springhill Court hotel. From the moment we checked in, everything was perfect. The staff were so friendly and helpful - we felt most welcome! The facilities for the kids were just super from the Leisure centre to the great kids club that ran every day. There was lots to do for families in the extended area and I guess the good weather did help!

The room was comfortable, with plenty of space for our family. The staff were gracious and attentive in assisting with all our needs for the kids. I only wish I had time to use the spa area!!

I highly recommend the hotel. I stayed at the Springhill Court with my husband and four children over the Easter break

Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank GillKilkenny
Ec123Kilkenny, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Many Thanks for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with your family over the Easter holidays. I am delighed that your kids enjoyed the kids club - we get alot of positive comments on our facilites for children in the hotel. Hope that we can welome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 April 2011

My partner and I have just returned from a great weekend at the Springhill. From the moment we checked in to when we departed the staff were so courteous and obliging. Rooms were clean and very comfortable .The food was delicious and the location ideal for a relaxing weekend. All in all a great weekend, will be recommending to my family and friends.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Ec123Kilkenny, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2011
Dear Liam06,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a reveiw regarding your recent stay on Trip advisor. I am delighted that your stay was an enjoyable one and that you found the hotel comfortable, convenient and relaxing. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Springhill Court in the near future.

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 28 March 2011

When we booked into the hotel, the reception area looked very impressive, We took our luggage to our room and could not breath because of the sigarette smoke in the passages. We left after about 10 minutes to go to town, and thought maybe it would be better when we got back, we did buy anti-tabacco spray for just in case. When we got back it was even worse, this was at 5 in the afternoon. I tried to connect to the internet, because it is advertised that there is free internet available in all the rooms, however all the rooms is actually a 5m radius around reception. We complaint about the room and they moved us to non smoking room , but it smelled like smoke halfway through the night, because there is no designated smoking places and people do as they please. They do not start there breakfast session on time either. I was really disappointed in what we got, if you go and look at what they advertise.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Burger12
Ec123Kilkenny, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2011
Dear Burger12,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your recent review of your stay on Trip Advisor. I am disappointed that your stay was not satisfactory due to the smell of cigarette smoke in the rooms. We have designated non smoking rooms and a non smoking floor, however this unfortunately does not stop people from ignoring the non smoking signs and choosing to smoke in the rooms. We also offer complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby area and conference centre and complimentary fixed line high speed internet in all 85 bedrooms. If you are ever returning to Kilkenny, please let me know so I can personally ensure you do have a comfortable stay.

Seamus O'Carroll

Travellers are raving about these Kilkenny hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I booked the "Feel Good Friday" offer for me and a friend. The offer was great value and included Full Irish Breakfast , Free newspaper ( which we never got ) Late checkout till 1:30pm I think it was and still we had cleaners knocking on the door at 12pm. 4 course meal with was ok nothing special. ( When checking out I was charged an extra €5 for each of the steaks which wasnt mentioned on the menu I was given) The offer also included a taxi to city centre that evening which I thought was brilliant. When I went down for my meal at 8:10pm I said Id check with the receptionist to be told all taxi's had to be pre-booked before 8pm. I was really angry about this as when I checked in I was never told this and it never mentioned times when I booked the offer. All the receptionist did was shrug her shoulders and say it had to be booked by 8pm. I didnt even get an apology for the inconvenience.

Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Ec123Kilkenny, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 16 March 2011
Dear Cherbo10,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com.

I was disappointed to read your comments and may I take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience that was caused to you. I assure you that I have discussed your experiences in lenght with my reception team to ensure that these issues do not arise in the future.

I hope that when you return to Kilkenny you might give us the opportunity here to extend you every courtesy and make up to you the inconvenience caused. Please contact me personally if I can be of any assistance in the future.

kerry ireland
Reviewed 12 March 2011

stayed at the springhill court hotel on a midweek package. Found the on the outskirts of Kilkenny the hotel is three star with full leisure facilities, spa and hair salon. The staff are very friendly and the service was good. The hotel has an older style to it but does have a spacious lobby and relaxed feel to it. We felt the Lavender was excellent and relaxing with the service and treatments of a high quality. The best feature of the hotel was the leisure facilities which had an excellent swimming pool with a separate children pool which were both warm. The sauna, steam room and jacuzzi were of a high standard and the hygiene was really good with very friendly staff. We ate in the restaurant the second and the food was really good even though the restaurant was a little dated. If you are looking for a friendly hotel with good facilities then this hotel could be for you. Will return again as they run a kids club during holiday periods

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Dear MaureenkerryIreland,

Many Thanks for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay in the Springhill Court Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and found the facilities and hotel good value. I am particularily delighted to see your comments on the staff of the Hotel as we aim to provide the highest level of service to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back during the holiday period when our complimentary Lenny the Lion kids club will be in full swing, its always a hit with the kids.

General Managert
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 8 March 2011

I highly recommend the Springhill Court Hotel. The staff are always very friendly and the service is top class - they make every event an enjoyable and memorable one. It is located on the outskirts of Kilkenny City (taxi's are available 24/7). Fantastic value breaks are available throughout the year. Hotel also consists of a Spa (Lavendar Spa), Hair Salon & Leisure Centre

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Ec123Kilkenny, Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 16 March 2011
Dear Leeanne08,

Thank you for your recent post in relation to your businees event in the Springhill Court Hotel - we look forward to welcoming you back for business or pleasure in the near future.]]