“Great kids camp!”

Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Just back from a 3 night break in The Springhill court hotel..we got a great deal for 319e for a family of 2&2 to inc B&B for all plus 1 evening meal for the adults. The check-in was quick and very informative regarding the kids club plus the children where greeted with a lolly (always a winner). We where allocated a ground floor room right beside the lifts and the car park. Not the best position for a family as late night revellers kept us a wake on a number of occasions. I have nothing against people out enjoying themselves and believe me if i didnt have our 2 with us I'd been one of the late nighters! I think the hotel should allocate familes into one area so families with small children arent woken during the night. The Room it self was very dated but clean..1 double, 1 single & 1 travel cot. The rooms where cleaned every day. We ate in the hotel twice..once in restaurant which was fine and then in the bar which again was fine.,nothing out of this world but tasty all the same. The leisure centre was great for the kids, even if they had to leave at 1830pm...now onto the kids club which runs in the morning and then in the evening. We#d drop ours in for the evening entertainment around 7ish...starting with games, art & crafts, Cookery and ending with a movie...my 2 loved the camp and I felt they where safe with the leaders..you had to sign them in & out. It was great to sit down and eat your dinner in peace without having to get up every two minutes after a four yr old!!! Over all the hotel was great for a family break with lots to do around kilkenny - the hotel is a little tired and could do with a make over and this is why I gave it only 3 - but all staff where really nice & helpful..even posting me back my daughters blankie that we left in our room!! We will be back!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank classychick44

Reviewed 19 August 2012

stayed here while in town for a wedding, the room was in very bad need of updating the shower in the bathroom had no pressure, the only way i could describe the rooms is that it felt that we where staying in an old hospital, on the good side the breakfast was good and the staff where very friendly!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alan m
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed at the Springhill Court for four nights as part of a tour group. We had a ground floor room at the front of the hotel. Although some of the furniture was a bit "tired" the room was fine with a double and a single bed, a fair selection of TV channels including some UK channels.
The staff at reception, in the restaurant and in the bar were all friendly and helpful.
The food in the restaurant was good in terms of both quality and quantity.
The location of the hotel is about 2km from the historic city centre near the ring road on on the Waterford N10 road. It took us about 30 minutes to walk back to the hotel from the city centre. We did not find traffic noise to be any problem at night.
The bar had entertainers all the nights we were there and the hotel management put on special events such as a quiz for our tour group.
I would be happy to return there in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LightAleCavalier
Reviewed 14 August 2012

i booked this hotel as part of a hen party weekend and everything was perfect from ALL STAFF (reservation,check in,room service,pool,spa,bar,restaurant and breakfast staff) being amazing, kind friendly and extremly helpfull. whith kilkenny centre only 2mins away in a taxi with great night life. i would highly recomend this hotel for any kind of weekend wether it be a girly,couple or family weekend this hotel has everything you need.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank racheal543
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here recently in room 211 (i think) and we had a nice 2 night break.We were greeted by a friendly girl in her 20's who gave us a smooth & polite check-in. We made good use of the leisure facilities and spa! The staff were also great in the spa, Jean or Joan ~(can't remember) and the therapist also. I got my hair done also and didn't think the girl that did it was overly friendly in the salon (Tipperary girl), it was very obvious I was delaying her from closing up & wasn't really happy with my hair afterwards so ended up putting it up myself. The bar staff were excellent (Michael Furlong) and very attentive food service was speedy and efficient and food was nice. Also another bar man think her was a young manager in his thirties that may be involved in weddings or events. We went to town the second night for a drink and taxi was ordered by the receptionist and took a few minutes to arrive which was great. Restaurant staff weren't very attentive at all for tea/coffee etc had to chase them at breakfast. Over all we really enjoyed our 2 night break and would just like to say a special thanks to the staff mentioned above, which i believe is not done enough in hotels throughout ireland. Thank you! Hopefully will see you all soon again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Where do i start, stayed Sat 3rd Aug for a wedding, had to report a leak early in the evening coming from upstairs, it was coming down through the smoke alarm then when i decided to go to bed the bathroom door wouldn't open, i had to get dressed at 6am and get the night porter to come down to the room and try and open the door. I was advised he didnt have anything to break the lock off the door and then he proceeded to tell me that i would have to use the toilets down by reception which was a joke, no comfort whatsoever, couldn't do a simple thing like brush my teeth. Woke at 8am where i had to go to reception again and ask for the manager to come down and break the lock off the door! Out of my €120 paid I had to demand €80 back, i was only being offered €50 first, not happy at all should have got a full refund!! Definitely won't be returning.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank lauralol27
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Stayed here recently and realy it is a mixed bag. If you want a hotel for a short hol with the kids then it may be ok. The Foyer was very impressive and the staff were very friendly and efficent but the hotel was very tired and in need of a lot of work. I normaly stay th the Aspect hotel which is €20 a night cheaper and much more up to date. The bedroom was very dated and didnt have WIFI or even cable connection. The bed was very comfortable and the room had everything you need but it was dreary to be in. I wouldnt bring my wife here for a break but for a family hol it would be fine. However it would need to priced accordinly. They had a chance to recruit me as a new customer with the aspect being full but I'm afraid it back to the aspect for me the next time im in Kilkenny which is very regularly.

Room Tip: From other reveiws I dont think there is many advantages to seeking a certain foom.