“Sleepless in Springhill Court” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel

Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Cork, Ireland
“Sleepless in Springhill Court”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

I booked a family room for my elderly and not very mobile mother and my 2 daughters. I rang the hotel in advance to let them know we would be arriving around 8pm (Friday night). When I arrived I was given a triple room (1 double bed and 1 single) (not what I had booked) . When I pointed out this was not what we had booked I was told there were no other rooms available and was given a camp bed which squeezed into the room. Thankfully my almost deaf mother did not hear most of the extreemly loud party that enused from 12.30 - 7AM. My eldest daughter (6) woke up terrified when she heard doors being kicked and banged at. My youngest daughter (4) thankfully slept through, and did not hear the shouting and screaming. My (very deaf) mother heard it from just 6am onwards.
There were empty beer bottles thrown around the floor outside our room and near the lift in the morning.
I would NOT recommend this hotel for a family. I would NOT recommend this hotel for elderly people.

Room Tip: check if there is a function in the hotel - if there is forget a nights sleep. Weekends probably not...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MarieH023

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Polish first
Western Ireland, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

Attended a family wedding here and would highly reccommned it as a wedding venue.

Only decided to stay as our young baby was sick so I think we got a last let room that was basic but clean and did us fine. I would imagine there are bigger more spacious rooms in the hotel.

The wedding went off without a hitch and the service and food was first class and I believe the price was most reasonable. A lot of wedding venues should look at the Springhill for service pointers

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank thinksink
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Have stayed a few times . Very comfortable hotel and the staff are so helpful . They really look after you well . Food is gorgeous too . Would definately reccomend it for spa wei iekend . Great value ! I will be returning there again soon in the near future . I cant say enough about how helpful the staff are they go out of there way to make sure you are comfortable . Very enjoyable stay :)

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank hellsbells51
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

stayed there a couple of times per year great for families with young children fab food in resturant breakfast had everything you could ask for staff are brilliant only down fall was entertainment in the bar but hotel only few mins walk into town or short taxi ride plenty of pubs and resturants great value for money and 2 children under 12 free

Room Tip: 3rd floor because the kids often run around the corridors at night and the rooms are bigger
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank angela191
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

Booked for 2 nights b&b and 1 dinner. On arrival I first thought the outside could do with I lick of paint I was still hopeful about the inside as it wasn't the cheapest hotel! The room was ok clean enough, went into the bar to get a bit of lunch, under staffed as the barman was serving food and drink on his own. Was a bit unsure about the place so just got a sandwich which came out with the person's finger prints in it that made it! After that I decided I wouldn't try out the breakfast the next day! My husband had breakfast he ate about half of it as he thought it was horrible. We were booked in for dinner on the sat night as part of the package so we went. I ordered the steak (medium) when it came I couldn't even cut it, it was rock solid could of bounced it of the wall! Husband ordered turkey and ham moved it around his plate as he said the turkey tasted off! We complained about the food as none of it was eaten so they didn't charge us the €5 supplement for the steak..........that was nice considering the steak was still on he plate! Overall the hotel was shocking and more annoying that the people who own it have a programme telling other people how to run a hotel........they definitely need to spend some time in their own!!!!!!! The one good thing was the very friendly staff. Oh yeah I had to use the bath as the shower barely spit the water out so anyone with hair hadn't a chance of washing it! Never again would I stay in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Emcha3

Travellers are raving about these Kilkenny hotels

Clane, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with family.Badly needs upgrading.Room was spacious but very dusty.Bathroom door handle was hanging off from inside but was attended to quickly when reported by us.Paint coming off walls ,shabby and tired.Breakfast was plentiful and tasty just a pity about the breakfast staff.Shown to table by a waiter as proceeded to table was shouted at by a waitress asking "where did we think we were going ?".Breakfast an absolute cattle mart.....disorganised chaos.Best thing about this hotel is the food in the bar and the fantastic,professional bar staff.Other members of staff could by trained by them.Definitely won't be going back.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dundalk, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

More than a 3 but less than a 4 - I'll give this a 3.5 rating.

Stayed with a group of friends over the weekend. Terrific value - €119 for 2 nights B&B plus 1 dinner pps. We all had a very pleasant stay - twin room had 2 single beds and one big double bed - plenty of space, plenty of towels and toiletries and very clean. However, some of the double rooms were a bit on the compact side. Breakfast was the standard hotel fare, some of the food could have been warmer and it would have been nice to have some continental options like cheese and cold meat. The staff were extremely warm, friendly and helpful. The lift could do with updating - very 'jumpy' and noisy - it wouldn't inspire confidence in it at all.

Room Tip: This hotel is located a bit outside the city centre so be aware of this when booking.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends