“The best stay in a long time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel

Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Dublin, Ireland
“The best stay in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

I thought it was great. As soon as we steeped through the door we were greater by a warm sure from the girl at reception. The room was really nice, good size bathrooms etc. the pool was lovely too. Breakfast was great and the bar/ restaurant food was top notch. We got a sandwich at the bar with fillings of our choice and it was to die for.

I will definitely be back again

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room at the back because the road was a little noisy, it didn't bother me but it...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank clairel154

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Polish first
Waterford, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

I'm sorry to say this hotel is just simply one to avoid. The rooms are dingy and musty and the food is awful. the reception staff were very friendly and clearly try to make up for the fact they are handing you a key to a horrible smelly room! I had an extremely unpleasant incident at the leisure centre with a member of the staff. Wrote to the manager when I got home; got a reply to say he would review the situation with the staff member and get back to me. I never heard back..... While that incident was unpleasant, it is not the reason I rate this hotel so poorly. It so badly needs refurbishment. Avoid.....

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank TravelbugCF

Travellers are raving about these Kilkenny hotels

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival of this hotel I was quite worried as it looked dated on the outside but when we walked into the hotel you could actually see how beautiful it was.

Myself my husband and 3 children aged 4,8,12 thoroughly enjoyed our stay here from the 26th-28th of March.

Our check in was very efficient and the receptionist was quite helpful in telling us the facilities of the hotel as well as the times we could avail of these.

We were checked into room 125 which was clean and comfortable. There was renovations going on in hotel rooms along the corridor but we never heard a sound.

On our first night we ate in the bar and I have to say for my 4 year old daughter to clear the plate was very impressive as she is very fussy. The food was very taste. Michael the bar manager was very helpful, there was only one TV in the bar and we were all hoping to watch the match. Michael kindly accommodated us by moving a table and chairs closer to the TV so we could watch the Ireland match.

On our second day we got to enjoy the facilities of the hotel. The kids really enjoyed the pool. I really liked how attentive the staff were, my son whom nearly drowned 2 years ago only went as far as the toddler pool and the staff could see how nervous he was and kept a close eye on him. The kids also availed of the kids club for two hours and really enjoyed the cocktail making. I really appreciated the personal touch and thank the hotel for the photos they had taken and left for us the next morning of the kids during the cocktail making.

We also enjoyed a nice meal in the restaurant. The time between each course was very efficient and really appetising.

Overall the stay we had was excellent and the staff were a credit to the hotel. I would highly recommend this for families and I for one will hopefully travel back down for another stay in the near future.

• Stayed March 2013
Limerick, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

From the moment we arrived through to check out, it was a catalogue of disappointments and shocking service. I had booked a two night stay. Cracked tiles in the bathroom, a TV positioned to the left of the bed preventing full view of the screen and no drawer space. When we came to the restaurant for dinner, which was pre-booked, it was closed. We had no alternative but to eat in the large bar which was cold without character or atmosphere. The food was appalling, cold and overcooked steak (charred). We sent back our deserts (apple pie) to have them re-heated. The waiter failed to open an expensive bottle of wine without tearing the label off completely! He explained it was his practice to check if the neck of the bottle was cracked!! The list goes on.. I felt very strongly about the stay and the experience to write to the General Manager within days of returning home (Feb 22nd). To date I have not had an acknowledgment. I will not be returning and I can not under any circumstance recommend this hotel. I was on crutches and no assistance was offered at anytime to help with our luggage.

Room Tip: Check before booking as to it's location to the lift. We had a very long walk, stairs to climb a...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Amazonite61
Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

I booked a family room for my elderly and not very mobile mother and my 2 daughters. I rang the hotel in advance to let them know we would be arriving around 8pm (Friday night). When I arrived I was given a triple room (1 double bed and 1 single) (not what I had booked) . When I pointed out this was not what we had booked I was told there were no other rooms available and was given a camp bed which squeezed into the room. Thankfully my almost deaf mother did not hear most of the extreemly loud party that enused from 12.30 - 7AM. My eldest daughter (6) woke up terrified when she heard doors being kicked and banged at. My youngest daughter (4) thankfully slept through, and did not hear the shouting and screaming. My (very deaf) mother heard it from just 6am onwards.
There were empty beer bottles thrown around the floor outside our room and near the lift in the morning.
I would NOT recommend this hotel for a family. I would NOT recommend this hotel for elderly people.

Room Tip: check if there is a function in the hotel - if there is forget a nights sleep. Weekends probably not...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MarieH023
Western Ireland, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

Attended a family wedding here and would highly reccommned it as a wedding venue.

Only decided to stay as our young baby was sick so I think we got a last let room that was basic but clean and did us fine. I would imagine there are bigger more spacious rooms in the hotel.

The wedding went off without a hitch and the service and food was first class and I believe the price was most reasonable. A lot of wedding venues should look at the Springhill for service pointers

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank thinksink
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Have stayed a few times . Very comfortable hotel and the staff are so helpful . They really look after you well . Food is gorgeous too . Would definately reccomend it for spa wei iekend . Great value ! I will be returning there again soon in the near future . I cant say enough about how helpful the staff are they go out of there way to make sure you are comfortable . Very enjoyable stay :)

• Stayed March 2013