Myself and my family stayed in the Springhill hotel over the Easter weekend. When we entered our bedroom we nearly passed out with the heat. We had to turn off the radiator and open the windows. We were on the ground floor though so every time we left the room we had to close the windows and the room became extremely stuffy again.
Breakfast in the morning was another cramped and stuffy experience. The tables were on top of each other so there was very little comfort.
We had dinner in the restaurant that night. Oh my God! I have never experienced such bad service in my life. We sat down at 7. Our order wasn't taken until 7.20. By 7.35 we still didn't even have water at the table. I had to call a waitress to see could we get the water and bread we were told was coming. The kids were getting very antsy by this stage. Eventually we got our food but my husbands starter was cold.
The kids had ordered their desserts but there was no sign of them coming so I had to call a waitress again! She asked them what they had ordered, then brought my daughter the wrong dessert. I ordered coffee for myself and my husband but was only given one cup and saucer. The food was not the best either. The manager kept coming up behind us going 'everything is good yes?'. He obviously knew it wasn't and he just irritated me.
The only redeeming factor was the kids club. Lots to do and the kids had a great time. Unfortunately I will not be returning to this hotel and I won't be recommending it either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the 3 star Newly Refurbished Springhill Court Hotel Kilkenny your break begins from the moment you leave home. Set out on your journey stress free knowing that we are easily accessible, have ample free car parking on site and complimentary wifi. The Springhill Court Hotel in Kilkenny is one of the best known hotels and if it is Kilkenny hotels you are looking for then look no further! Once you have arrived in Kilkenny City you can begin to enjoy our superb hotel facilities which include Lavender Spa, Kupp Coffee Dock, Leisure Club, Image Hair Salon, Oscars Restaurant, popular Paddock Bar, new Children's Playground and Lenny Lion's Kids Club which operates during all school holidays. Friendly, efficient staff are at your disposal for the duration of your stay. We pride ourselves on our standards of service and customer care, many guests return time and again to soak up the genuine, friendly atmosphere that prevails at the Springhill Court Hotel Kilkenny. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Court Conference, Leisure Hotel Kilkenny
- Springhill Court Conference, Leisure And Spa Hotel
- Springhill Court Kilkenny
- Hotel Springhill Court