Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Myself and my family stayed in the Springhill hotel over the Easter weekend. When we entered our bedroom we nearly passed out with the heat. We had to turn off the radiator and open the windows. We were on the ground floor though so every time we left the room we had to close the windows and the room became extremely stuffy again.

Breakfast in the morning was another cramped and stuffy experience. The tables were on top of each other so there was very little comfort.

We had dinner in the restaurant that night. Oh my God! I have never experienced such bad service in my life. We sat down at 7. Our order wasn't taken until 7.20. By 7.35 we still didn't even have water at the table. I had to call a waitress to see could we get the water and bread we were told was coming. The kids were getting very antsy by this stage. Eventually we got our food but my husbands starter was cold.

The kids had ordered their desserts but there was no sign of them coming so I had to call a waitress again! She asked them what they had ordered, then brought my daughter the wrong dessert. I ordered coffee for myself and my husband but was only given one cup and saucer. The food was not the best either. The manager kept coming up behind us going 'everything is good yes?'. He obviously knew it wasn't and he just irritated me.

The only redeeming factor was the kids club. Lots to do and the kids had a great time. Unfortunately I will not be returning to this hotel and I won't be recommending it either.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Seamus O, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Regina 0

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback with regard to you recent stay in the spinghillcourt conference leisure and spa hotel.I was sorry to hear you were disappointed with the level of service in the restaurant .Please be assure that the standards you experienced are certainly not indicate of the standards we regularly provide to our guest.Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and i would be extremely grateful if you would contact me at socarroll@springhillcourt.com and give the opportunity to discuss you experience and hopefully resolve the issues to your satisfaction.

There are newer reviews for Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel is outside the city of Kilkenny. We appreciated the price, but not necessarily the distance. It is comparable to an older model of a chain hotel in the U.S. Our stay was acceptable. No complaints, really, except for the fact that the room was indeed smelly, like some other reviewers pointed out. My boys enjoyed the pool. We didn't say in many places during our month-long visit to Ireland that had one. They were surprised to learn that a bathing cap was required.

Our food experiences in the hotel were mixed. We ate a meal at the bar restaurant. It was very delicious and the staff was very accommodating to our dietary requirements. They brought our kids biscuits to tide them over while they waited for their food.

Breakfast was a mixed bag. They advertised gluten free items, but every morning they were out. The seating was such that you didn't get your own table.( I can't remember what this is called.) Anyway, there weren't many spots available one morning and the people at the one open table gave us a very negative vibe about joining them since we had kids. The waitstaff took notice and opened a table in another section for us.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mher101

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay In the Spinghillcourt conference ,leisure and spa hotel.I was glad to hear you agreed that you got value for money and delighted to hear you kids enjoyed our facilities in the leisure centre. Apologies with regard to you not receiving your gluten free items for breakfast as we have looked a this since you stay in June 2013 and have improved our offerings for dietary requirements at breakfast. I appreciate all feedback as it helps us to be better at what we do and i hope we can welcome you back to Springhillcourt hotel on your next visit to kilkenny

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had to book a room, for myself and my partner, at short notice following the death of my mother. The online booking was simple and convenient and everything was as arranged when we booked in. Prior to arrival I had spoken to the general manager about arranging refreshments following my mothers burial, this was handled very sensitively and efficently which was much appreciated. On the day the duty manager (Louise) and catering supervisor (Ahmed) had everything ready and the staff were efficent and unobtrusive while providing a great service. As an example one guest was gluten intolerent and within 5 minutes of being told this Ahmed produced a plate of sanwiches on gluten free bread, a service most hotels seem unable to provide without a lot of prior notice. Our double room was comfortable and our only gripe was with the shower which had a good flow but the shower curtain seemed possessed as it kept attaching itself to you. Breakfast was plentiful and relaxed although I'm still not sure about the music in the background. Despite the circumstances of our visit it was made more bearable by the excellent service ethos and care of a very good team.
Thank you all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Seamus O, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear David F

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback with regard to your recent stay in the Springhillcourt, conference, leisure and spa hotel.I will relay your kind words to all the staff and hopefully we can welcome you back to the Springhillcourt hotel on your next trip which i hope can be a more joyful occasion for you.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Myself and 56 of my close family, cousins and friends attended my aunt's 70th birthday last Sunday, 10/4/14. It was the most perfect day. Made all the more special by the manager Mr.Seamus Carroll's, close attention to detail and the excellent service of Ahmad, Leo,Louise, Anita & Florin. All afternoon the celebrations went smoothly from dinner in the restaurant, where the portions were just perfect and the food served tasty and hot, to the catering in the late afternoon. All staff gave us a lovely warm welcome. If you're looking for good food, good service, and good value, then look no further than the Springhill Hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Maddie H

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your aunts 70th birthday party here at the Springhillcourt ,conference,leisure and spa hotel.I will pass on you kind words to all the staff and kitchen staff.Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the springhill court hotel on your next family gathering.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

we recently stayed in the Springhill for my sister's hen party. There was a group of 19 of us and the hotel couldn't have done enough for us! From the moment that I first rang the hotel everything was a success, Dawn who deals with group reservations was a credit to the hotel in organising everything. The hotel was spotless and the dinner that was included in the price was lovely with special vegetarian requests being catered for at ease. Another positive to mention is that on one of the occasions heading into the town the hotel actually paid for the taxis for our group which we thought was very courteous. A great carvery served at lunchtime each day and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. An excellent choice if you're staying in Kilkenny!

Room Tip: We were all placed on the ground floor of the hotel which turned out to be very handy!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Seamus O, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear louise M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in the Springhillcourt conference,leisure and spa hotel.I will pass on you kind comments about dawn in reservations and the team.Hopefully we will get the change to welcome you back to Springhillcourt hotel on your next visit to kilkenny.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Myself and 25 of my family stayed at this hotel last weekend for my Mother in laws 80th Birthday. To say we had a great time is an understatement. The team of staff couldn't do enough for us. They catered for all of us, from young children, to teens and adults were all looked after so well! Steve Travers from the Miami show band made a fantastic night for us in the bar and had my mother in law singing, had the kids Irish dancing and generally had us all singing and dancing till late :) I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. We'll definitely be back again and thank you so much for making the weekend so special for my Mother in law and indeed for all of us. You couldn't have done anymore!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Michelle C

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay in Springhillcourt,conference, leisure and spa hotel. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your mother in laws 80th birthday party with us and thanks again for sharing that with us.I will pass on you comments to all staff and to our resident musician Steve. The team and i hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed here recently while attending a course in Kilkenny. The hotel is in a convenient location on the outskirts of Kilkenny and very easy to find. The staff were really friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was excellent, with a large range of foods to choose from. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable and the hotel wifi was very good. The hairdryer in my room wasn't great (a minor complaint!) so I'll bring my own next time I stay! Overall I was really happy with this hotel and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jellyfishkitten

Thank you very much for giving feedback on your recent stay in Springhillcourt ,Conference Leisure and Spa hotel.I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience here with us and the staff,location and breakfast was excellent for you. The team and i hope we can welcome you back to the Springhillcourt hotel on your next trip to kilkenny