“Excellent food and great service”

Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Wexford, Ireland
“Excellent food and great service”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Hotel is very close to city which was ideal for us. Stayed overnight with my girlfriend as we were going to the greyhound track. Room was big and comfortable. Breakfast was super and no fuss. Bar had live music, nice pints and good craic. Would recommend this hotel to anyone as the staff are helpful and polite and the hotel is great value.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Seamus O, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Johnny M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay in the Springhill Court Conference, Leisure and Spa Hotel. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that breakfast and service were both super for you. The team and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel on your next trip to Kilkenny.

Seamus O Carroll

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Polish first
Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here on a 2 day Wed/Thurs break with 2 young children. There was a wedding on our first night. This meant Restaurant/ Bar staff were flying around the place and food choices were limited. Food was definitely no more than average. Kids club was great. Our room and other parts of the hotel require refurbishment. We stayed in a ground floor room which was very noisy with traffic at night. Staff were very courtious and helpful.

Dear TJM141

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay in the Springhill Court Conference, Leisure and Spa Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the facilities in our kids club and found all our staff courteous and helpful. I was disappointed to hear that you found the food below average and choices limited. We always give the same options on our menu regardless of if there is a wedding or not taking place. We would have been more than happy to move you to a room to the back of hotel if you found the one allocated to you a little noisey. I appreciate all feedback as it helps us reach the standards we aspire to. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel at some stage in the future and if i can be of assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Myself and my family stayed in the Springhill hotel over the Easter weekend. When we entered our bedroom we nearly passed out with the heat. We had to turn off the radiator and open the windows. We were on the ground floor though so every time we left the room we had to close the windows and the room became extremely stuffy again.

Breakfast in the morning was another cramped and stuffy experience. The tables were on top of each other so there was very little comfort.

We had dinner in the restaurant that night. Oh my God! I have never experienced such bad service in my life. We sat down at 7. Our order wasn't taken until 7.20. By 7.35 we still didn't even have water at the table. I had to call a waitress to see could we get the water and bread we were told was coming. The kids were getting very antsy by this stage. Eventually we got our food but my husbands starter was cold.

The kids had ordered their desserts but there was no sign of them coming so I had to call a waitress again! She asked them what they had ordered, then brought my daughter the wrong dessert. I ordered coffee for myself and my husband but was only given one cup and saucer. The food was not the best either. The manager kept coming up behind us going 'everything is good yes?'. He obviously knew it wasn't and he just irritated me.

The only redeeming factor was the kids club. Lots to do and the kids had a great time. Unfortunately I will not be returning to this hotel and I won't be recommending it either.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Seamus O, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Regina 0

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback with regard to you recent stay in the spinghillcourt conference leisure and spa hotel.I was sorry to hear you were disappointed with the level of service in the restaurant .Please be assure that the standards you experienced are certainly not indicate of the standards we regularly provide to our guest.Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and i would be extremely grateful if you would contact me at socarroll@springhillcourt.com and give the opportunity to discuss you experience and hopefully resolve the issues to your satisfaction.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel is outside the city of Kilkenny. We appreciated the price, but not necessarily the distance. It is comparable to an older model of a chain hotel in the U.S. Our stay was acceptable. No complaints, really, except for the fact that the room was indeed smelly, like some other reviewers pointed out. My boys enjoyed the pool. We didn't say in many places during our month-long visit to Ireland that had one. They were surprised to learn that a bathing cap was required.

Our food experiences in the hotel were mixed. We ate a meal at the bar restaurant. It was very delicious and the staff was very accommodating to our dietary requirements. They brought our kids biscuits to tide them over while they waited for their food.

Breakfast was a mixed bag. They advertised gluten free items, but every morning they were out. The seating was such that you didn't get your own table.( I can't remember what this is called.) Anyway, there weren't many spots available one morning and the people at the one open table gave us a very negative vibe about joining them since we had kids. The waitstaff took notice and opened a table in another section for us.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Mher101

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay In the Spinghillcourt conference ,leisure and spa hotel.I was glad to hear you agreed that you got value for money and delighted to hear you kids enjoyed our facilities in the leisure centre. Apologies with regard to you not receiving your gluten free items for breakfast as we have looked a this since you stay in June 2013 and have improved our offerings for dietary requirements at breakfast. I appreciate all feedback as it helps us to be better at what we do and i hope we can welcome you back to Springhillcourt hotel on your next visit to kilkenny

Bedfordshire UK
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had to book a room, for myself and my partner, at short notice following the death of my mother. The online booking was simple and convenient and everything was as arranged when we booked in. Prior to arrival I had spoken to the general manager about arranging refreshments following my mothers burial, this was handled very sensitively and efficently which was much appreciated. On the day the duty manager (Louise) and catering supervisor (Ahmed) had everything ready and the staff were efficent and unobtrusive while providing a great service. As an example one guest was gluten intolerent and within 5 minutes of being told this Ahmed produced a plate of sanwiches on gluten free bread, a service most hotels seem unable to provide without a lot of prior notice. Our double room was comfortable and our only gripe was with the shower which had a good flow but the shower curtain seemed possessed as it kept attaching itself to you. Breakfast was plentiful and relaxed although I'm still not sure about the music in the background. Despite the circumstances of our visit it was made more bearable by the excellent service ethos and care of a very good team.
Thank you all.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Seamus O, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear David F

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback with regard to your recent stay in the Springhillcourt, conference, leisure and spa hotel.I will relay your kind words to all the staff and hopefully we can welcome you back to the Springhillcourt hotel on your next trip which i hope can be a more joyful occasion for you.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Myself and 56 of my close family, cousins and friends attended my aunt's 70th birthday last Sunday, 10/4/14. It was the most perfect day. Made all the more special by the manager Mr.Seamus Carroll's, close attention to detail and the excellent service of Ahmad, Leo,Louise, Anita & Florin. All afternoon the celebrations went smoothly from dinner in the restaurant, where the portions were just perfect and the food served tasty and hot, to the catering in the late afternoon. All staff gave us a lovely warm welcome. If you're looking for good food, good service, and good value, then look no further than the Springhill Hotel!

Dear Maddie H

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your aunts 70th birthday party here at the Springhillcourt ,conference,leisure and spa hotel.I will pass on you kind words to all the staff and kitchen staff.Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the springhill court hotel on your next family gathering.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

we recently stayed in the Springhill for my sister's hen party. There was a group of 19 of us and the hotel couldn't have done enough for us! From the moment that I first rang the hotel everything was a success, Dawn who deals with group reservations was a credit to the hotel in organising everything. The hotel was spotless and the dinner that was included in the price was lovely with special vegetarian requests being catered for at ease. Another positive to mention is that on one of the occasions heading into the town the hotel actually paid for the taxis for our group which we thought was very courteous. A great carvery served at lunchtime each day and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. An excellent choice if you're staying in Kilkenny!

Room Tip: We were all placed on the ground floor of the hotel which turned out to be very handy!