While traveling through Ireland for one week pretty much making it up as we went along we found ourselves in Kilkenny, a delightful Town but cursed with crap Parking facilities we led us to look a little ways out of Town.
At just 2.5 KS South of Town we found The Spring Hill Court Hotel. The first bonus was ample Free Parking including Disabled spaces which I have to use nowadays. We booked on booking.com which saves you money as rooms vary from €55 to €63 per night on the site.
Facilities include Free WI-FI in Public areas but we found it worked on the second floor in our room. Other facilities were Baby Sitting/ Kids Club, Disabled suites, Non Smoking Rooms, Sauna, Fitness Centre, Hot Tub, Spa, Indoor Pool. There maybe a charge for some items check with Management.
The main reason I decided to do a review was the Dinner we enjoyed at the Hotel Dinning Room.
You can choose from A-La-Carte on a limited Menu or from the same Menu you can choose a 2
Course Dinner with a Bottle of House Wine with a choice of a Red Or a White Wine or like we did order a Rose Wine and pay € 2.50 difference in the price of the Bottle, a very fair compromise.
From a choice of 5 dishes we both chose the Palice Fish Dinner follows red by a Strawberry Cheesecake with Creme. The one thing we have missed on what was basically a week long Road Trip was fresh Vegetables as most Pubs serve reasonable meals but most serve Chips and bland Vegetables
Not in this case the Vegetables were First Class in taste and freshness and the Fish was superb in taste and quantity.
We wish we could have stayed longer but time did not permit.
The Spring Hill Court Hotel is one of Ireland's hidden gems and well worth seeking out while in Kilkenny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the 3 star Newly Refurbished Springhill Court Hotel Kilkenny your break begins from the moment you leave home. Set out on your journey stress free knowing that we are easily accessible, have ample free car parking on site and complimentary wifi. The Springhill Court Hotel in Kilkenny is one of the best known hotels and if it is Kilkenny hotels you are looking for then look no further! Once you have arrived in Kilkenny City you can begin to enjoy our superb hotel facilities which include Lavender Spa, Kupp Coffee Dock, Leisure Club, Image Hair Salon, Oscars Restaurant, popular Paddock Bar, new Children's Playground and Lenny Lion's Kids Club which operates during all school holidays. Friendly, efficient staff are at your disposal for the duration of your stay. We pride ourselves on our standards of service and customer care, many guests return time and again to soak up the genuine, friendly atmosphere that prevails at the Springhill Court Hotel Kilkenny. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Court Conference, Leisure Hotel Kilkenny
- Springhill Court Conference, Leisure And Spa Hotel
- Springhill Court Kilkenny
- Hotel Springhill Court