“Superb customer care”

Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Springhill on the 13.07.14 with my partner and two children. We received a warm welcome on arrival and were provided with coffee while we waited ( a mere 10 minutes ) until our room was ready. Every single staff member I encountered was warm and courteous and couldn' t do enough for us. It was excellent value for money. Room was basic, but clean and functional. We enjoyed the pool and spa. The kids club is a great service provided by the hotel and provided my two year old son with some distractions. The breakfast was superb and of high quality produce - much better than some 4* hotels I' ve stayed. I must again mention that the staff were extemely welcoming and helpful.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank xdonna
shc123, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear xdonna

Thank you for your time to review your recent stay in the Springhill Court,Conference,Leisure and Spa hotel.I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that all the team here were very helpful.Please be assured that i will pass on you kinds comment to all the team and its wonderful that you found all staff extremely welcoming and friendly.We look forward to welcoming you back to the Springhill Court hotel on your next trip to kilkenny.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here on 8th July 2014.
Excellent value for money.
From the moment we arrived we were met with efficient and friendly staff. Check in was complete in 2 minutes, room was ideal size for our family (2 adults 2 children) all staff were extremely friendly to both adults and children and some even got to know the children on a first name basis. Staff could not be more helpful and all seemed genuinely happy in their work. I would definitely recommend this hotel (especially if you have children) and look forward to my next stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ElaineOBrien123
shc123, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Elaine O Brien

I sincerely thank you for providing your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay in the Springhill Court, Conference,Leisure and Spa hotel.I am truly delighted to hear that all staff were extremely helpful and that your children enjoyed the break also.I look forward to welcoming you back to the Springhill Court Hotel on your next visit to kilkenny.

l

Reviewed 9 July 2014

If you see a hotel carvery with lots of sales reps and middle aged couples eating lunch then you can be guaranteed the food will be good. pleasant surroundings and pleasant staff all add to a very fulfilling lunch

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom M

Dear Tom M,

Thank you for your time to review you recent lunch in the Springhill, Court, Conference, Leisure and Spa Hotel.I was delight that you found you lunch very fulfilling and the surroundings pleasant and staff pleasant.I am really glad you enjoyed your lunch and i hope to see you in for lunch again soon in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

While traveling through Ireland for one week pretty much making it up as we went along we found ourselves in Kilkenny, a delightful Town but cursed with crap Parking facilities we led us to look a little ways out of Town.
At just 2.5 KS South of Town we found The Spring Hill Court Hotel. The first bonus was ample Free Parking including Disabled spaces which I have to use nowadays. We booked on booking.com which saves you money as rooms vary from €55 to €63 per night on the site.
Facilities include Free WI-FI in Public areas but we found it worked on the second floor in our room. Other facilities were Baby Sitting/ Kids Club, Disabled suites, Non Smoking Rooms, Sauna, Fitness Centre, Hot Tub, Spa, Indoor Pool. There maybe a charge for some items check with Management.
The main reason I decided to do a review was the Dinner we enjoyed at the Hotel Dinning Room.
You can choose from A-La-Carte on a limited Menu or from the same Menu you can choose a 2
Course Dinner with a Bottle of House Wine with a choice of a Red Or a White Wine or like we did order a Rose Wine and pay € 2.50 difference in the price of the Bottle, a very fair compromise.
From a choice of 5 dishes we both chose the Palice Fish Dinner follows red by a Strawberry Cheesecake with Creme. The one thing we have missed on what was basically a week long Road Trip was fresh Vegetables as most Pubs serve reasonable meals but most serve Chips and bland Vegetables
Not in this case the Vegetables were First Class in taste and freshness and the Fish was superb in taste and quantity.
We wish we could have stayed longer but time did not permit.
The Spring Hill Court Hotel is one of Ireland's hidden gems and well worth seeking out while in Kilkenny.

Room Tip: Choose a room on Level one as Level Two the Lift is a bit of a distance to carry bags
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denis M

Dear Denis M,

I sincerely thank you for providing your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay in the Springhill Court,Conference,Leisure and Spa Hotel.I am truly delighted to hear that you and your guest thoroughly enjoyed your evening meal and it was wonderful to hear you refer to us as one of Ireland hidden gems to stay in .I do hope the team and i have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Springhill Court the next time your in kilkenny.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Bar food not good. Breakfast cold on a daily basis. Whole place needs a good clean and a bit of dusting. Few staff quiet rude. Best part was the leisure facilities and kids club. Unlikely to go there again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Joanna R

Dear Joanna R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay in the Springhill Court Conference,Leisure and Spa Hotel.I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.I assure you that your experience is certainly not indicative of the standards that we regularly provide to our guests and i would welcome the opportunity to speak to you further on this matter.
Please contact me on the below email address.I look forward to hearing for you.

Socarroll@springhillcourt.com

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel is not imposing on the landscape to say the least.

It seems as though the new extension was not thought out and gives the impression of a nursing home.

On the contrary, step inside into a fairly sheik entrance with very friendly staff that seemed to be actually hard working! (Go figure)

The rooms were a good size well maintained. Alas the bathrom has a stain on the floor which is a bronzy cast colour, who knows?

So clearly the floor hasn't been washed.

Breakfast was actually nice with a self catering buffet. But the bar food lacked class and flavour, also one of the more expensive bars I have come across.

It was during the world cup and even then there was less to no atmosphere, I recommend a night in the town restuarunt/bars instead.

The location is 5/10 mins from the town so not ideal for having a couple and going back to the hotel but still very workable.

The hotel is nice and is also great value, but don't expect to be walking anywhere.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Edward K,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay in the Springhill Court ,Conference, Leisure and Spa Hotel.I was delighted to hear that you found breakfast good and the hotel good value for money.Yes we are 10 minute walk from town but we do have a local taxi company that provides us with discounted rates for our residents.I apologize for the shortcomings with regard to the bathroom and bar food which i will address with my team.I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Springhill Court on your next visit to Kilkenny.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was the second time I have stayed at this hotel as one of my friends uses a wheelchair we were a party of three females on a sight seeing holiday of Kilkenny. The staff are polite and so helpful this applies to all staff. Our room was spotless and very comfortable beds the disabled bathroom was a very good size. The breakfast was first class with plenty of choice, our evening meals were excellent again with a good choice and beautifully prepared and the dinning room staff were very helpful and again very polite.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Seamus O, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Jacqui465

Thank you for you taking the time to write a review with regard to your recent stay in the Springhill Court, Conference,leisure and Spa Hotel.It was wonderful to hear you found the staff polite and that our disabled facilities were first class. I am delighted to hear also that the food you had was beautifully prepared,excellent and a good choice.I will pass on your kind comments to all the staff and in particular the kitchen team.We look forward to welcoming you back to the Springhill Court Hotel on you next visit to kilkenny for the third time.