“In need of a serious makeover. Really dirty bedrooms.”

Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 23 June 2010

We stayed for a 3night break for our first trip away with a 3 month old baby. The room was disgustingly dirty - the walls were covered in splashes of dirt - it seemed to be years of neglect. All the lights were broken or bulbs missing. The travel cot was filthy - luckily we had friends nearby to call on to borrow one. The furnishings were worn to a thread. I think there might be an old and newly refurbished section - so maybe if you asked to stay in the new area things would be better? On the plus side the staff were really excellent, very friendly. Food was grand - its only a 3 star. Kids pool was ice cold. Will not be going back.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Ec123Kilkenny, General Manager at Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2010

Dear ArdGal,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to say that we have just started a complete refrubishment of the rooms in the hotel which will be completed over the coming weeks. I would be delighed to welcome you and your family back once these were completed. I am happy to see you noted the excellent staff and customer service during your trip.

Regards
Seamus O'Carroll

Reviewed 4 June 2010

We stayed here on our supervalue stamps for the mid-term break and you could'nt get better value. The staff, food & room where just right, for what we where looking for and paying!!! It's not in town but close enough with small children.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2010

I stayed at the Springhill recently, and I have to say that it was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The location is very convenient, the staff were some of the most pleasant and courteous I have ever met - they could not do enough to help us with anything. The bedroom I stayed in was perfect - I could not complain about anything in the Springhill. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is going to visit Kilkenny! As I said already - one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 2 June 2010

This is a lovely hotel on the outskirts of Kilkenny City. When I arrived I was greeted by a lovely friendly receptionist. The entire staff from accommodation to Management were interested in making my stay an enjoyable one. The food in the hotel was excellent. The leisure centre just makes the stay even better. While the hotel is not new it is well maintained. There is a lovely open reception area which is ideal for a leisurely cup of tea or surfing the net. Really can't think of anything bad to say about the hotel. It was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2010

Stayed for one night at Springhill Court while traveling through Southern Ireland. Spent a day at the races nearby at Gowran Park and arrived at the hotel about 5 PM. It is a large sprawling facility - I believe only two stories high. Our family room was on the second floor, we took the elevator and I was immediately a bit worried. The halls were a bit beat up, the swinging doors leading to our part of the second floor had chipped paint, etc. Same story for our room...dirty grout, peeling wallpaper, beat up rugs, etc. This facility would not meet the quality assurance of a Hampton Inn. We decided to eat in the hotel since it had been a long few days... very expensive... fixed price menu of 35 Euro (converted to $50 USD at the time) for adults and 12.50 Euro for kids. The food and service were above average, but certainly not worth $50. Our room rate was 150 Euro, the most expensive, by far, of anywhere we stayed in Ireland. I did plenty of research for rooms in the area, however, when traveling with family, there are few choices in Ireland. Above all, be prepared for sticker shock. I would recommend for a family due to limited choices, but certainly not for two or three folks that could stay in a smaller room.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2010

This is the first review I have written for trip advisor and only signed up to comment about the marvellous stay we had at the Springhill Court Hotel. We stayed in the hotel back in February and from the moment we arrived everything about the stay was fantastic. The staff were second to none, and having stayed and worked in five star hotels, they exceeded my expectations from beginning to end. The property itself was great with a fantastic leisure centre and spa. The rooms were spacious, immaculately clean and room for 3 of us in a family room. Great value for Monday and Kilkenny is a super spot – hotel even provides a free taxi service into the city
Overall a five star experience!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ciara1210
Reviewed 5 May 2010

My wife and I stayed 4 nights at this hotel as part of an organized coach tour of the local area.

I cannot agree with the bad reviews, albeit very few, of this hotel. I found it of exceptional quality - spacious clean bedrooms.

The reception area was clean and very bright and welcoming - and the bar was very accommodating and its staff very courteous always.

The one thing that stood out for us was the dining area. Not only was the food of the highest quality, the staff in there worked hard, and I mean HARD, to ensure everyone was fed on time and did not have to wait. One particular little Irish waitress could not do enough for everyone. At times she looked very tired as one of the nights they appeared understaffed and it was just her and, what I believe, to be the restaurant manager who were on duty. But, still, nothing was too much for them and we had our food served on time. Exceptional service of the highest standard. I have been to many hotels across the World and I have rarely seen such high standards.

This is a quality hotel, and I cannot recommend it highly enough

• Stayed: April 2010