“great deal”

Kilkenny River Court Hotel
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 18 March 2012

spent St Patrick day here with my family great value ,staff couldn't have done anymore for us kids loved it .Kilkenny is a fantastic town.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank James c

Reviewed 13 March 2012

excellent stay in the rivercourt for 2 nights on the 10 and 11 of march overlooked by the castle centrally located could not ask for a better venue rooms spacious beds almost to comfortable the hotel food is excellent nothing to complain about only they charge you for parking which is a bit annoying considering you are spending money there

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thomas o
Reviewed 12 March 2012

As a member of a group, I had no say in the choice of hotel for our weekend away but was immensly impressed. Spacious, modern and elegant and occupying an enviable postion on the riverside. The staff were superb. Always a friendly smile and greeting. The room was large and extremely comfortable. The only meal we took was breakfast which was little disappointing - the usual buffet problem. Some of the components of my full fry had obviously been cooked some time earlier and kept warm - and were a little on the dry side.
Overall, a very comfortable stay and good value

Room Tip: We overlooked the entrance - a bit noisy at night with revellers returning! Go for a riverside room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I recently stayed at the River Court Hotel in Kilkenny and am very happy to share this review. I stayed two nights and found my room very comfortable, warm and spacious. The location of the Hotel is spectacular and located a few mins walk from the main street, Kilkenny Castle and Kilkenny Design Centre. The Hotel food was excellent and the breakfast first class. The staff in all areas were exceptionally helpful and very professional. The pool was a delight to swim in and also the jacuzzi and steam room were excellent. All in all I would highly recommend this Hotel, you will not be disappointed
Rita, Limerick

Room Tip: When checking in ask the Receptionist if there is a room with a River View available
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rita C
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This had to be some of the best service I've ever received in an Irish hotel. From Rose on reception to Susan in the spa every single staff member had a smile and a friendly greeting. My parents are regulars here, and I can see why.

I had a great room with a view of the castle. The free wifi worked perfectly in the room and there's some nice extras - bathrobes, bottled water. I had some work to do in my room so didn't eat in the restaurant but got take-out from Yindees the Thai restaurant at the arch, it was great.

My parents were due to be here at the same time but they had to cancel due to illness, there was absolutely no hassle rescheduling their visit. On their revisit they got an upgrade to a suite - a lovely touch for their Diamond Wedding Anniversary.

Room Tip: My room had a view of the castle, which is absolutely gorgeous particularly at night when it's f...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Great hotel with a great location...

Spent only one night (Friday) here, arriving at around 9:30 pm. Luckily I snagged the last parking space (well, I created my own, actually) all the way in the back of the hotel; this discouraged me from taking the car out later that night but the hotel is so central I wouldn't have needed the car anyway!

The rooms were a nice, comfortable, and I slept very well.

Breakfast the next morning was in a dining room overlooking (well, "underlooking" would be more accurate) the castle, and I left my car parked at the hotel while I walked around town after breakfast.

Great place...I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Myself and my partner stayed in the River Court hotel for two days in Feb 2012. Staff were friendly, room was pleasant, very noisy however on the saturday night with other guests talking loudly on the corridors from 2am to 4am, hotel should put signs on walls on corridors requesting guests to be quiet on way back to their rooms, the chatter really carried and impossible to get good nights slee p on saturday night which ruined the weekend for us as very tired on sunday. Had a 30 minute wait in queue for breakfast sunday morning which we did not mind really because hotel supplied free copy of Business Post and we had orange juice whilst in queue. Staff member gave us a lovely table overlooking river and full view of castle nearby. Lovely comfortable bar in this hotel, with very attentive friendly staff.
€22 for sandwiches and tea room service friday night we thought was very expensive. Also saturday ight stay costs too much given the noise you have to put up with during the night. We would stay in this hotel again because of friendly professional staff, excellent breakfast, proximity to shops but would not stay on saturday night again. Sarah and Sean

Room Tip: Request room far away from stag/hen parties
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple