“October Break”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We had an enjoyable 2 night break in this hotel. It is quite central and within walking distance of restaurants, shopping, pubs etc. Our room looked out onto the river and we also had a view of the Castle. You can go for a walk in the castle grounds or along by the river, both equally pleasant. The bedrooms have comfortable beds and are spacious and clean, although you can get noise (doors, talk) through from nearby rooms. Staff are very welcoming and friendly. Food is generally excellent, although we were disappointed with a steak that was ordered. Other items on the menu were excellent. Breakfast was fairly typical of such a hotel. One morning when the diningroom was quite full, service was slow. Parking costs extra but it is a central location. The leisure centre is modern and pleasant; we visited it twice and enjoyed it. Golf in Gowran nearby was good quality and very reasonably priced at €15.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
DeclanMoriarty, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

October Break

Dear Ashlawnguest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the River Court Hotel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the perfect location that the Hotel has for those who wish to explore the wonderful city of Kilkenny. I was disappointed that some of the dishes in the Restaurant did not meet with your expectations, for this I sincerely apologise. Our Riverside Restaurant has an excellent reputation both locally and nationally for its quality of food and service. On certain busy mornings we do our utmost to cater for large numbers attending the restaurant for breakfast at the same time. I have spoken with the Team in relation to the issues outlined and I assure you that these were isolated incidents.

We at the River Court Hotel pride ourselves on the high level of customer care and service that we are renowned for and we are always thankful for feedback weather positive or negative. Once again thank you for your constructive feedback as it is only by guests like yourself informing us of such issues that we can hope to maintain the great reputation that the River Court Hotel has.

All the team look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future. Please ask for me personally on your next visit so that I may ensure you have a most comfortable and enjoyable stay.

declanmoriarty@rivercourthotel.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,748)

Reviewed 29 October 2012

Just home after 3 days in this hotel,had a great time staff all very friendly and helpful nothing was to much trouble we stayed in a standard room but still has a nice view of the river. The food was of a very high standard both in the carvery and in the River Court Restaurant , had steak cooked perfectly.The only bad point against this hotel was having to pay ten euro for the car park,and the breakfast could do with mushrooms and grilled tomatoes as standard.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Magsclarke,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Kilkenny River Court Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you were allocated one of our very popular castle view rooms. The quality of our food is very important to our guests and the team at the River Court. We strive to provide a very high level of service at all times. As General Manager I am very fortunate to have a team that have such a passion and fantastic understanding of what customer care is all about.

As the saying goes “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day”, I apologise that certain items were not on the hot buffet on the morning you had breakfast. I have spoken to the Executive Head Chef and he has assured me that this was an isolated incident and that measures have now been taken to ensure that a great selection is available on the hot buffet.
In relation to the car park charge, Kilkenny is now such a busy destination that parking is now an issue for many attempting to visit Kilkenny. In fact many of our guests comment that due to our ideal location , there is little need to use a taxi service, and our carpark is fully secured.
Once again thank you for your review and kind works, I will ensure all of your comments are passed down to the staff.

All of the team at the River Court very much look forward to welcoming you back to the River Court in the near future.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

I found this to be a lovely, comfortable and homely hotel. the staff were very nice, the room (216) was spotless with lovely bathroom and very good shower. We had a balcony overlooking the river and castle. I would definitely return to this hotel, its location is spot on, close to everyting in Kilkenny

Dear Boxette,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Kilkenny River Court Hotel. I am pleased that you experienced the very high standards in accommodation that we have, the team in Housekeeping have won many awards for their high standards and they will be delighted to hear your very kind comments.

Many of our guests comment on the “Home away from home” feeling that you experienced during your stay, and this service ethos our guests can see from all of the team.
I am delighted that the perfect location of the Hotel suited your requirements.

All of the team look forward to welcoming you personally back to the Hotel in the future.
Once again a sincere thank you for posting such a positive review.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

My husband and I spent one night at this hotel and absolutely loved it. We reserved a deluxe king room, which meant we had a view of Kilkenny Castle and a king sized bed. I think the extra expense was well worth it. We had been traveling quite a bit at this point so after enjoying a walk around the town (this hotel has a great, central location!) we got a couple of pints from the bar and relaxed in our room with the door to the balcony open, enjoying the view. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Breakfast is served in a large dining area. It was very busy but the service was excellent - the buffet was a lot more extensive than other hotels and the servers were quick to bring us tea and fresh toast.

Dear Lashed,

Thank you for your valued custom and your very kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, from the castle view room to our award winning restaurant.

As you stated the location of the Hotel was perfect for you to explore Kilkenny city at your ease. I know that the whole team will be delighted when they hear that you the experienced the warmth, ambience, friendliness and sheer contentment that is the River Court Hotel.

All the team at the Hotel look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please ask for me personally on your next visit so that I may ensure you have a most comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Once again thank you for posting this very positive review on Tripadvisor.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 15 October 2012

A lovely Hotel. Very friendly, helpful, happy staff. Fantastic location. The Pub is great and you can have meals there until 21h00. Within easy walking distance to a few restaurants and pubs. Hotel parking is available at a cost but there is plenty of it. They also have a Leisure Centre which is super. The rooms are big and spacious. Bathrooms a little small but adequate. Towels very small....

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travelbabe40
DeclanMoriarty, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2012

Dear Travelbabe40

Thank you for your review and valued custom. All of the team are delighted that you enjoyed your break at the River Court Hotel. We pride yourselves at providing a high standard of service at all times.

The guest experience to us is very important and it is always heart-warming to see such positive feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future. We hope that you had a safe trip home.

Warmest regards from all the team

gm@rivercourthotel.com

Reviewed 14 October 2012

My wife and I stayed here in September and were very pleased with the experience. Its downtown location was a plus for walking the area and being along the river was a real plus. The breakfast buffet was outstanding and was the lunch we had there. We had a clean, quiet room and found the staff very helpful. A terrific value for anyone looking to stay in Kilkenny.Staff was also very helpful in suggesting local things to see and do from the Castle to local pubs and stores.

CZ & MJ (USA)

Reviewed 11 October 2012

My husband and myself stayed here for 2 nights. We were given a present of a Gormet Delux weekend break. We opted for Thursday and a Friday night. Well first impressions of the hotel were good. Great location and beautiful view of the river. Our Delux room on the 2nd floor room 217 was perfect. Huge bed and spacious room and decent enough size bathroom. Staff very helpful and so friendly. We dined both nights in the resturant and both meals were top notch ( and we love our food and are very good cooks too) and really good portions. Compliments to the Chef!! The bar had a very relaxed atmosphere. We had breakfast in our room each morning by our window watching and feeding the Ducks. They were caractors alright. This hotel is so near everything. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I go back to Kilkenny. An absolute treat. Loved it!!!

• Stayed: October 2012