I think bulleted lists are easier to read so is my bulleted review:
* We stayed on the weekend, the bar across the street had live music blaring until 1:00 a.m. and this was on the "quiet" side of the bridge in town.
* Room 145, was an OK size with a double bed, overlooked the car park.
* Very warm and stuffy, no A/C, sign on the window asking not to open it - but we HAD to open the windows it was too hot - but there were no screens.
* Had 2 bathrooms - 1 was handicap accessible.
* No washcloths (Americans may not be used to this, but we found it common throughout Ireland that washcloths were not provided.).
* Because windows were open, we could also hear the wedding going on in the hotel, adding more noise to the evening, and cigarette smoke wafted up to the room, yuck!
* Good wi-fi access and signal.
* Dinner in the hotel was good, not great.
* Charge for parking (one of my pet peeves about hotels) was 3 Euros for the first day, 2 Euros each day thereafter.
* In room pants press did not work, iron not provided, must call reception for one (also common in Ireland).
* Good location in town - view of the Kilkenny Castle from the hotel dining room - beautiful!
* Very close walk to shops, churches, etc.
* Decent hot & cold breakfast buffet included in price of the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Award winning Kilkenny River Court Hotel, superbly located on the bank of the River Nore in the heart of the medieval city of Kilkenny. Nestled in a private courtyard, secluded from the bustling and winding city streets, the Hotel is overlooked by Kilkenny's majestic 12th century castle. On arrival you will feel a sense of belonging as our experienced team welcomes you to Kilkenny's finest four star hotel. The Hotel is the ideal setting for corporate events, weddings or special family events. Our prime city centre location also includes ample secure on site parking facilities. Dining outlets at the Hotel include the AA Rosette winning Riverside Restaurant and Terrace Kitchen at the Riverview Bar complete with its own 'al fresco' terrace dining experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Kilkenny River Court Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.