Pembroke Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
US$241
Newpark Hotel(Kilkenny)
US$273
US$243
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$199
  • Restaurant
Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
US$224
US$201
Hotels.com
Kilford Arms Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$322
US$224
US$271
US$263
  • Restaurant
Aspect Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$167
Lyrath Estate(Kilkenny)
US$300
US$261
Orbitz.com
US$200
US$165
1,912 results
All reviewsacross the rivercastle viewcar parkperfect locationlovely hotelfew drinkswedding receptionleisure centredeluxe roomwould highly recommend this hotellast weekendbreakfast was excellentbar foodafternoon teafamily roomtop classnore
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We stayed in the Earl of Ormonde suite and it was just gorgeous! Beautiful view of the castle and river. The room was just lovely - extremely comfortable and beautifully decorated. Full bath and seperate shower and a proper hairdryer. We ate in the restaurant and the starters and mains were excellent although the desserts may have let it down slightly. But the breakfasts were good and the staff were extremely accomodating and friendly. The hotel is as central as you can get. I would absolutely recommend this hotel and we left saying we would definitely go back and stay there again!! Loved it!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
DeclanMoriarty, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Dear AstraWexford

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay at the Kilkenny River Court Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay from the prime location , beautiful views of Kilkenny castle to the very friendly staff.

I know all of the team will be delighted to read your review and we all look forward to welcoming you back to kilkenny in the future.

Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on December 18th 2012 after a trip to Mount Juliet, a walk around Kilkenny city and a snap decision to stay overnight. I checked hotels on the Internet and the River Court was available for €60 for B&B and my partner had stayed there a few years before and liked it so we decided it was hard to beat.

We walked to the hotel which is five minutes walk from the centre, I asked for an upgrade which we were given, I asked if I could have the use of an iPhone charger which I was given and we made our way to our room having received a warm welcome.

The bed was enormous and very comfortable. Decor was good. The view of the castle lit up across the river was beautiful. Bathroom was clean. Room was warm. Shower pressure was good and the lighting in the bathroom was good for shaving (for him) and make-up (for me). What more could you ask for?

Breakfast next morning was in a lovely bright room with a good selection of cereals, yogurt etc and a nicely presented, tasty fry. Patrons were a mixed bunch. I have read reviews about terrible noise, stags etc in this hotel but on the night in question we were lucky and had a great sleep in a great bed. (Did I mention the great bed?!)

Staff were friendly and helpful and if I got this hotel at this price again I'd jump at it if I knew there weren't going to be any noisy parties staying.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear EmmaR73,

Thank you for your recent review and for your very valued custom. I am delighted that you decided to return to the River Court and that we reached all of your expectations. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed breakfast served in our award winning restaurant.

As you stated we have a great location for exploring all that kilkenny has to offer, and all with-in walking distance.

Once again thank you for your wonderful comments and from all the team we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

The Hotel is right in the hearth of the city .across the river is the famous Kilkenny Castle.
I spent a weekend with a group of friends. The staff were very good to us The food was 1st class and the rooms were spotless. and the beds were very comfortable . No faults were found from any of the group. The pool was lovely and the jacuzzi just great..I didn't have time to visit the spa.
My word what a selection of food for breakfast. One of my delights is to eat at a table dressed with a lovely white cloth. Bar food was very good and the staff were very helpfull .Every one of the group would recommend the hotel to a very high standard and would certainly visit it again.

Room Tip: My friend and I were on the 2nd floor over looking the weir on the river. It was lovely. Just could not find fault with anything .The rest of the group agreed with me.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Isobel D,

A most sincere thanks for your wonderful " Top of the Range " review of your recent stay with us. The team are delighted that you and your group enjoyed the stay in Kilkenny. I am delighted that you enjoyed a hearty breakfast in your very popular restaurant and It is great to hear that you enjoy one of your little delights, in this business sucess is in the small details.

From all the team at the Hotel thank you and your group for your custom. We look forward to seeing you again in Kilkenny.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Spent 3 days at the River court with my wife and all I can say is that it was a wonderful midweek break. The hotel is located on the opposite bank of the river to Kilkenny Castle and right smack in the middle of town. the Room, the Staff, the Food, everything was top class. Could find a fault, well maybe it was too perfect, no it was just great.

Room Tip: overlooking the river.less noise and nice view
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear joe M,

Thank you for your wonderful review and 5 star rating of your recent stay at the River Court Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your mid week break. As you stated we have a great location, perfect for enjoying all that the city of Kilkenny has to offer.

It is always a pleasure for the staff to recieve such positive feedback. We strive to provide all of our guests with a high quality of service at all times.

We look foreward to welcoming you back to Kilkenny in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed there for Valentines weekend, the hotel is in a great location, had a room with views of the castle and a balcony, room was lovely, we even had a sitting room.. spotless and comfortable, breakfast was lovely and had a meal in the restaurant which was worth every penny and more, didnt use the pool but had jacuzzi in the room which I just loved.. would highly recommend this hotel for couples.. We'll definitly be back.. oh and staff were lovely and very helpfull... :)

Room Tip: Stay in the maquis of ormonde suite.. luxury..
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Shazzasharrie,

Thank you sincerely for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay over valentines weekend. I am pleased to read that you experienced the wonderful food and ambience of our award winning restaurant which has fantastic view of kilkenny castle.

Thank you for your recomendation and we look forward to seeing you soon again in Kilkenny