“Perfect Location”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Dublin, Ireland
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel with a group of people from Monday 15th - Friday 19th April.The hotel was very central to the castle, shops etc. I was very impressed with it as the staff, the chef & the managers were so nice, helpful & informative. Everywhere was clean, lovely meals. The only snag I found was that they had the tea making facilities in a press & the kettle cord attached to a socket, which was on a high shelf (not good for small size people), really would be better for them to put it all on a table where it can be reached. The pool was on a level not a slant which was great as I cannot swim well. Also had a steam room & a jacuzzi. I will be back again.

Room Tip: There are only 2 floors, so a room on the side looking out to the castle & the river is good.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
DeclanMoriarty, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Dear Guest,
It was a great pleasure to welcome you to and thank you so much for your kind words following your recent visit.

Your comments in relation to the kettle in the room are very welcome and we are in the process of address this in the hotel. We have already moved half the Tea/Coffee making facilities to the dressing table which will be a more manageable height for all our guests,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Kind regards,
Declan Moriarty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
everywhere
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The staff is incredibly nice. In fact, they even let us check in at 8 am!!! I thought that was very nice. Our room was clean and the breakfast was nice (it was not amazing but was very nice). The major negatives were that there is no room service after 10 pm- we were both jet lagged so our schedules were a bit off. The location is great and they have parking (not free). I would stay there again.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travellerbb77
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The location could not be better, within walking distance of great restaurants, fun pubs and the castle. They also have parking (you have to pay for it at a discount) but well worth not having the hassle of finding parking. Rooms were nice, the Irish breakfast buffet was good as well but we had a bit of a wait to get someone's attention for tea. The front desk was extremely helpful and very welcoming. We would definitely go again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Kilkenny River Court Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted the Front Desk Team were helped and welcoming.

Thank you also for complimenting us on the quality of our guest rooms and the breakfast buffet. It is a shame the only slight disappointment from your visit had been a small delay at getting your Tea. This is not our normal standard and I am glad it doesn't deter you from coming to stay again.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to The Kilkenny River Court Hotel in the not too distant future.

Warmest Regards,
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel. It's a very nicely appointed hotel. The accommodations are very nice. The staff is very friendly, except at the Riverside Restaurant. Overall, I don't think you can beat this hotel. The location is superb. The bar is very convenient, James and Carrie, bartenders, are amazing. They took very good care of our group.

The only downside of our stay was at the Riverside Restaurant. We went there for dinner on St. Patrick's Day. The restaurant was not very busy and we had a short wait for a table (we had a group of 16 people, so the wait was understandable). The food was good, but the service was poor. My wife and I were lucky because we ordered a bottle of wine with dinner. The rest of our group was not so lucky. During a 2 hour meal, which we didn't mind the length of time, we had drink service once. After we placed our original drink order, no one ever checked on us for drinks. We ordered our drinks and food, received our dinner within 15 minutes (kudos on the quick turnaround) and then our waitress never check on us again during a two hour period.

We ended up speaking to the assistant manager and expressed our displeasure. We did get an apology.

I would highly recommend this hotel. The location is perfect. The bar is very nice and the food in the bar is tasty. I caution against the Riverside Restaurant, if you go, don't be afraid to speak up.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
DeclanMoriarty, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you for posting your positive review of your recent stay at the River Court Hotel. And I have passed on your kind comments to Carrie & James

We pride ourselves on the high quality of customer service that we provide however I am disappointed that the drinks service in the restaurant was not of the standard that the Hotel is known for. As you can see from other reviews, the team at the Hotel prides itself on the great reputation that we have built up over the years, which is why it is always very disappointing when we do not reach guests expectation.

Once again a sincere thank you for your review, I hope you enjoyed your trip to Ireland and that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm Regards

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay and had no major complaints but had expected more from this hotel for the price. The room/ bathroom was plain and could do with being redecorated. The catch on our window was broken. Breakfast finishes at 10am, even on Sunday. I found the breakfast to be ok. A bigger selection of cerels, fruit, hams and cheeses would be nice. There is a charge for parking in the hotel car park. We had a meal in the hotel one night and it was just average. Free Wifi is available throughout the hotel. The hotel location is excellent, right in the city centre, we never used our car all the time we stayed there. Our room had a view of the river and Kilkenny Castle which was nice.

• Stayed March 2013
I would sincerely like to thank you for having taken the time to complete your most detailed review regarding your recent visit to The Kilkenny River Court Hotel. I most certainly appreciate receiving all feedback, be it positive or negative which affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and services. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay in the heart of Kilkenny. As we are a such a city centre locatiion there is a small charge for guests for the car park, however I am delighted to note because of the location you didn't have to use your car throughout your stay.

I was most disappointed to learn that your experience in the Riverside Restaurant was not good and your constructive observations have also been the subject of a meeting with our Senior Management, as I most certainly cannot condone any deviation from the high standards that have become synonymous with The Kilkenny River Court.

Again, I greatly appreciate your feedback, as it will assist my team in becoming better at what we do. As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers.

Kind Regards
Declan Moriarity
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Stayed one night and was upgraded to the Earl of Ormonde suite. Great room with a view of the castle and river. Very good breakfast buffet. Friendly service!
In a very convenient location to all major sites.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
DeclanMoriarty, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Peggy,
We thank you for your lovely review....here at the River Court we are all very proud to read comments like this.
Have a lovely summer and see you soon.
Warmest Regards,
Wexford Ireland
Reviewed 5 April 2013

This is a very comforrable hotel. We took a mid week break and that is exactly what we got. Staff were very friendly. The rooms are
beautiful. Food iis perfect with a great choice. We would definately recommend this hotel and will definately return.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Lucy
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on trip advisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your mid-week stay with us and pleased that you enjoyed the food and the choice available.

Thank you once again and I look forward welcoming you back to The Kilkenny River Court Hotel.

Kind Regards