Zuni Hotel(Kilkenny)
US$286
US$261
US$303
US$226
Kilford Arms Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$162
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Pembroke Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,882 results
All reviewsacross the rivercastle viewcar parkperfect locationlovely hotelfew drinkswedding receptionleisure centredeluxe roomwould highly recommend this hotellast weekendbreakfast was excellentbar foodafternoon teafamily roomtop classnore
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Very average hotel, nothing 4 star about it. Rooms very hot, 28 by our gauge, corridors equally so and just a $5 fan to help. Opened windows to release heat but there are Mosquitos from river. Only one pane has a screen for insects. Boring 1990s furniture, comfortable bed but no minibar, one tube of cheap shampoo, one tube of body gel, decor needs updating. Car parking a struggle and one of those which is " at owners risk" after advertising parking but clearly not having enough available. My greatest gripe is the Internet...NON EXISTENT. Which we rely on for checking out next days road maps etc. in 2013 this isn't acceptable.
Food is either all greasy fry up in bistro or average food trying to be gourmet (the chicken breast is called chicken supreme from 1970) for a lot of money in the restaurant.
Leave and go to Italian opposite the castle for much much better meal.
Towels and sheets are clean and good quality cotton but small towels and definitely not luxury.
Location is good in this pedestrian town. If it were a third less I would be ok but at over 120 euro, and advertised as four stars... A very 2 star experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kateling64
DeclanMoriarty, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay with us at the River Court Hotel. I am of course very disappointed that we did not provide you with the high quality of service and food that the Hotel is known for. I greatly appreciate your comments in relation to the heat, we have just experienced some extremely hot weather. I am currently looking into placing insect screen onto many of our castle view rooms. The Hotel was built 14 years ago and many say built with a lot of character, but I appreciate your comments.

We do provide free internet access to all of our guests and I am at a loss as to why you were unable to connect to it.

I am reviewing the quality of our bedroom shampoos and body gels. Car parking is available to all of our guests and we do have in excess of 120 spaces, I do apologise if you found it difficult to find a space. I sincerely apologise that you found the quality of the food only average, our restaurant was won many awards and we aim to provide a high quality menu at all times.

Once again I do sincerely apologise and I would like to thank you for your very constructive feedback, I will take all of your comments on board and will personally address all of the issues highlighted. I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me directly so that I may discuss your stay with you in greater detail

Yours in Service

Kilkenny
gm@rivercourthotel.com

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for his 21st birthday in April this year. I booked it through lidlbreaks, 1 night b&b. I was recommended the hotel as it had great reviews. It is somewhat misleading as the main pictures of the hotel feature Kilkenny Castle which is not the hotel at all. I requested a room with a view, and we were told we would have to wait and come back a couple of hours while they organised the room. That was fair enough so we went for a wander around the town, recieved a phone call ten minutes later to say the room was ready. We went back to to the hotel, and up to the room, we were told our bags would be brought up to us. We were waiting a good half an hour before our bags were brought up and the 'room with a view' had a view of the parking lot. If you craned your neck and strained to look out the window you could see the castle.
Apart from this, the room was lovely, had great complimentary toiletries in the bathroom. Staff were very nice and breakfast was lovely. Individual sauces on the table would have been nice, instead of having to go back up to the breakfast buffet with your breakfast. The girl serving our tea and coffee did her job but did not encourage conversation.

Was a bit disapointed by the leisure centre I must admit. The swimming pool was very tiny, and we had come without hats. It would have been nice if we were offered complimentary use.
Apart from that Kilkenny is a gorgeous city and we had a great time. Would definitely return, loved all the little quirky shops around.

Room Tip: When they tell you that you are getting a room with a view, make sure that you are, and complain if it isnt what you expected. We didnt bother, and felt a bit let down.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The staff were friendly .parking is difficult to find at front but there is more at the back of the hotel. we stayed for one night. the bedroom was comfortable but it was very noisy later in the nigh when people were coming home from a night on the town. we were on the first floor looking out onto carpark/ reception entrance,and and the voices carried to the bedrooms. the location of this hotel is very good. I expected the breakfast to be better

Room Tip: ask for a room not looking onto carpark
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Kilkenny River Court Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always wonderful and encouraging to receive such positive feedback.

I was particularly pleased to read how much you loved Kilkenny and the locality, We are fortunate to have such a great location and many of our guests comment on how great it is to be in the heart of Kilkenny.

We look forward to welcoming you back

Yours in service

The Bridge,
John Street,
Kilkenny,
Ireland

gm@rivercourthotel.com

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed here or 1 night comfy beds clean rooms nice bathroom fantastic view of he castle. Friendly helpful staff. Good food had a fab one there. Good pool and beauty place. The greatest thing is the location right in the centre of the town.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
DeclanMoriarty, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear Samchaad,

We thank you for your lovely review....here at the River Court we are all very proud to read comments like this.
Have a lovely summer and see you soon.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed at the hotel overnight with my daughter. Had a massage and dinner in the evening. Had a drink outside afterwards, I found it very relaxing with beautiful scenery. The dinner was excellent. We had breakfast next morning in the Dining room. I would certainly recommend it to my friends and will be back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com