“over all good.”

Kilkenny River Court Hotel
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
“over all good.”
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Myself and my hubby stayed for two nights recently, found the muscled portor very helpful an reptionists friendly. Had a spot of lunch in the bar well presented. Only down fall is u have to pay for parking!" though a bit mean" .

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 9 August 2013

stayed in the river court for a night with my niece and her six year old daughter , I cant't praise the staff enough ,it was my gran nieces first time staying in a hotel and the staff just made her feel like a princess, from providing a bakers shop worth of bread to feed the ducks to delivering a scone and a glass of coke to our room {she wanted to experience room service} the waiter even insisted she signed for room service ...her face was priceless...the family room was huge and spotless ..breakfast was brilliant ... take a bow river court you made a six year old little girl very happy ... will
certainly recommend you and definatly return
l

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Hello,
My brother and have recently stayed at the rivercourt hotel for Bruce Springsteen Weekend in Kilkenny. We are from Hibbing, Minnesota...and when we decided we were making a "guys" weekend to see bruce...there was not a open hotel in the entire city of Kilkenny. Until we were in contact with reservation manager of the River Court hotel's Debbie Mangan. We contacted and probably were pestering her every Monday mornings.....wondering if there were any cancellations. Debbie, went above and beyond my expectations of customer service. My brother and I were not renting a car.....so Debbie lined us up with transportation to and from the Airport. The hotel was the perfect, beautiful, and centrally located hotel for touring the wonderful city of Kilkenny for us.
And yes we will be back staying at the River Court Hotel in the near future....because Bruce Springsteen said...he will be back...and if he is back...so will be the "Blood Brothers" from Hibbing Minnesota and we would not stay anywhere else!!

Thanks Again Debbie,

David and Chris Johnson

• Stayed July 2013
Meath
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Stayed in the river court for three nights recently was a great experience lovely and helpful staff had a slight problem on arrival that was quickly ironed out by Declan the manager and he personally made sure the rest of our stay was perfect thanks Declan.will be returning next month and bringing some friends with us I would definitely recommend this hotel lovely bar,restaurant food excellent, great hearty breakfast buffet,spotless comfortable rooms,great location see you guys soon

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

The service is very poor waitress was slow and oblivious to customers .The family at the table next to us ended up having a good laugh with us as we tried to get the waitresses attention..great location but that's about all.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Kaikai5
edgware
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Had a lovely 3 day stay at this hotel. Rooms are very clean and well maintained.
Would have been good to have A/C as it was very warm but I understand its not required very much in Ireland!!!!
The terrace bar is lovely and we made good use of it especially when there was a bbq and dj on the Saturday night - burger was yummy.
I only have one negative and that is the queue for the food bar - its horrendous - why you cannot simply put in an order and go and sit down I don't understand - it happens in every other bar or hotel. I spent nearly 25 minutes standing to order and get a sandwich - not good :(
Location is really good and picturesque.
Staff are very friendly and helpful and I would like to just put in a word for the ladies that were on housekeeping who were very friendly and did a great job.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
DeclanMoriarty, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Kilkenny River Court Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you had a lovely 3 day stay with us. It is always wonderful and encouraging to receive such positive feedback.

It has certainly been a great summer here in Kilkenny and unfortunately our rooms like the majority of hotels in our area were not built with air conditioning, however the hotel has just installed new awnings in the Terrace and over the winter months we will look at how else we can increase guest comfort during a heatwave.

We are very grateful to have such a dedicated and hardworking team environment at this property and I'm thrilled you have been witness to the many benefits this gives to our guest's experience I will be sure to pass on your comments to housekeeping.

I was particularly pleased to read how much you liked the Terrace and in particular the burger.
However most disappointed to learn that your experience in ordering a sandwich at the bar was not good. We do offer table service however there has been occasion where it was not possible in particular at concert weekends. Your constructive observations have been the subject of a meeting with our Senior Management, as I most certainly cannot condone any deviation from the high standards that the Kilkenny River Court Hotel.

I sincerely hope the you will return to the hotel for another visit in the not too distant future
Warmest Regards,
Declan Moriarty
Tipperary
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Firstly an excellent location with beautiful views of the castle very close to the town center. Food and facilities here are lovely and what you'd expect from the prices paid.

My major gripe here though is the service given by the bar staff especially. I found the head bar person in particular very difficult to deal with and unfriendly towards myself and those in my company. He was snappy and short when asking for my order and repeatedly rolled his his when i asked for a clean glass with each round. In the end we stopped going into the bat and instead went to near by local bars.

A spoiler for what was other wise an excellent experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business