“Nice enough”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed last weekend, would have enjoyed it much more if the rooms had air conditioning, it was like a sweat box. shame because its location is spot on, staff are nice, we booked a table in restaurant expecting a restaurant atmosphere, but there were tables apon tables laid out to accomodate very large noisy groups, not what i had envisaged for our wedding anniversary, food was very average, desserts all pre- made or bought in and served, its such a shame as things like this would put me off recommending or returning again anytime soon.

Room Tip: just be sure to ask for a room with air conditioning if travelling in warm weather.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
DeclanMoriarty, Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Pippy

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us in relation to your recent stay for your Anniversary. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you both a very Happy Anniversary and thank you for choosing to stay with us in the Kilkenny River Court Hotel.

I was sorry to hear that your dining experience wasn’t to the high standards that we set for ourselves here in the Kilkenny River Court Hotel. We were busy with a few groups that night and I will be taking all of your feedback on board so sincere thanks for sharing this with us.

Many of our guests do enjoy a wonderful stay here with us in Kilkenny so I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and I can assure you that you will be very well looked after. Please let me know personally and I can assure you that you will be looked after very well.

Once again ‘Happy Anniversary’ to you both.

There are newer reviews for Kilkenny River Court Hotel

Reviewed 24 June 2014

A perfect spot in Kilkenny, with a lovely castle view. Rooms are dated, but comfortable. No air conditioning. Sparse toiletry items, might want to bring your own soap! Main grounds/ lobby are well kept. Not luxurious, but certainly charming, would recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kristina

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here in the Kilkenny River Court Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our stunning view of Kilkenny Castle from our hotel. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us in relation to our rooms and I am delighted to let you know that we are planning a refurbishment of our bedrooms in the near future. My apologies we were not aware that there was not enough toiletries in the bedroom. It is no problem at any time to replenish these during your stay.

Thank you for letting us know that you are happy to recommend us and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the 4* Kilkenny River Court Hotel in the near future

Many Thanks for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Last friday me&my boyfriend were walking around the city when i spotted the hotel from the river.having stayed here before and loved it i was so happy to go back for something to eat.it was a very hot day so i was in tshirt and leggins and my boyfriend tracksuit and tshirt.the moment we walked in to the empty restaurant as everyone was outside the girl threw her eyes in the air and walked behind the bar.we got no greeting i asked about barfood and a tall thin guy with glasses and black hair pointed to the carvery and went to walk on.i said i didnt want carvery just a sandwich and he said "as i said its just carvery tell the chef what u want" i ignored his ignorance snd walked over to the carvery and there was on the menu "selection of sandwiches" and 2 other options that i cant remember but no food on display.i waited for 10mins for the chef to finish laughing with his buddies before been told there was no food left only sandwiches at 2oclock in the afternoon when sign said food served all day.i felt a very unwelcomming judgemental atmosphere because of the way we were dressed and shall never return again and will tell others not to either.i will happily refer them to langtons where we were served with very helpful and friendly staff who were more than happy with our custom dispite what we were wearing.the only reason im giving 1 mark is because it wont let me give a 0 and that would be the highest mark id give.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fitzie84

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback in relation to your dining experience here with us last Friday.

I would to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize to you and your boyfriend. Your experience here last Friday is totally unacceptable for any guest to experience at any time. I can assure you that this is not the norm here for the Kilkenny River Court Hotel and I will be addressing this situation as a matter of urgency & priority.

I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing your feedback with us and your feedback is allowing us an opportunity to rectify an unacceptable experience so thank you for this

Should you have the opportunity to visit the Kilkenny River Court Hotel again please do let me know personally as I want to look after you and demonstrate to you that our guests do enjoy a wonderful experience here in the Hotel. I am just so sorry that this was not the case for your experience

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and I really hope we will see you both soon again!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and loved it! It's in the most perfect location in Kilkenny. (which is a MUST visit city when in Ireland by the way!) The hotel is right on the water and in the center of town. Some of the rooms have a view of the castle and of the river which is lovely. Even better then that, some of the rooms have small balconies! We were lucky enough to get a room with a balcony. The rooms are a bit outdated and the beds definitely need in update in the comfort department. But the charm and location of this hotel made up for that. The staff at this hotel is also really wonderful and accomidating. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to note when making a reservation that you want a room with a balcony. All the balcony rooms...

Dear Jeh

It was lovely to hear that you really enjoyed your stay at the 4* Kilkenny River Court Hotel and many thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our beautiful rooms with stunning views over Kilkenny Castle and the balcony too, which is lovely for the summer!

I am delighted to pass on your lovely feedback in relation to our team here and on their behalf and myself it was a pleasure to look after you and I do hope that we will see you soon. Thank you for recommending that Kilkenny is a MUST visit city in Ireland, we couldn't agree with you more!

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay in Kilkenny on Trip Advisor!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Once you find the right arch to drive through just close to the river, you are pleasantly surprised with a lovely courtyard and hotel entrance. Staff is incredibly helpful and rooms are very nice. You can't beat the location for walking to Kilkenny Castle and the old section of town with all the shops and pubs. Do close your window; otherwise, you will hear lots of river and/or courtyard noise.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Patty

Many thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us in relation to your recent stay here in Kilkenny River Court Hotel.

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay here and the location of the hotel we agree is perfect for Kilkenny. I am delighted to share your lovely compliments of our team here and on their behalf thank you for this!

I do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit Kilkenny again! Once again thank you for your lovely review

Reviewed 22 June 2014

An experience I will remember fondly.a beautiful hotel on a wonderful setting
with fabulous views of kilkenny castle and the nore river.we began by chilling out
in the beer garden where there was a great atmospherewe checked into our room
which we were very pleased with.we then took a walk to kilkenny castle which was
amazing and beautiful with fab surroundings.it was our first time in kilkenny
but it wont be our last.

Room Tip: Book very early.we were told they were booked out for summer.

Dear Franny

Sincere thanks for your review, it was an absolute pleasure to look after you and I am delighted that your first experience of Kilkenny is one that will be fondly remembered!

Thank you for sharing your feedback in relation to our beautiful hotel in a wonderful setting

Its lovely to hear that you enjoyed all that Kilkenny has to offer and we look forward to seeing you soon again in Kilkenny

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

So, having had numerous trips to Kilkenny for business and staying in a lower budget hotel, at last the company agreed to let me stay in the River Court. I arrived really looking forward to my stay. So night one, staying in room 112 and next doors TV and Spanish conversation kept me awake for awhile, coupled with the town clock chiming every 15 minutes and Matt The Millers across the road having a fantastic band playing. Then came night 2, and next door had moved out, to be replaced by I'm sorry Carl" at the top of her voice, wailing like a banshee. And that lasted from 1.00 until 2.30. I do hope Carl knows she really is sorry!!! And so we move to my final night and exhausted after an audit in work to find I had no hot water. Upon checking out the receptionist asked, did you have a nice stay, to which I replied, no, I am so disappointed!! When I told her about the hot water she said I needed to turn the taps on in the bath and sink for 10 minutes to get the hot water to work. Now why did I not think of that???? Her response was awwwwww I am so sorry. Full stop! Was any of this the hotels fault? Well the lack of hot water was and the attitude of the receptionist was. Would I go back? Never!!!! It's back to The Aspect for me and gladly!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Katriona D

Dear Katriona

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us in relation to your recent stay with us here in the Kilkenny River Court Hotel.

I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to the high standards that we set for ourselves here in the Kilkenny River Court Hotel. Many of our guests enjoy a wonderful stay with us and in particular our team on the front desk receive many lovely compliments. Its with regret that you did not have the same experience and for this we are very sorry. I can assure you that I am addressing this.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and please do let me know personally if I can be of assistance to you in the future! I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kilkenny River Court Hotel to show you that we can provide a wonderful stay for our guests!