Pembroke Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
US$224
US$195
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$199
  • Restaurant
US$270
  • Restaurant
Aspect Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$167
Agoda.com
US$200
US$165
1,914 results
All reviewsacross the rivercastle viewcar parkperfect locationlovely hotelfew drinkswedding receptionleisure centredeluxe roomwould highly recommend this hotellast weekendbreakfast was excellentbar foodafternoon teafamily roomtop classnore
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

3 adults 1 child lunchtime 1 PM. Sitting on the deck area near river... nothing was set up for the carvery lunch. We finally went in to order food but the 3 people working there seemed to be under pressure setting up for lunch. We ordered 3 salads and and baby dinner bowl. The baby's dinner looked apetizing but our salads looked grim. Mine was called Mimosa salad.. consisting of 5 leaves 2 tiny uncooked potatoes. 2 beans and repulsive dressing. Which cost €7.95 and might happily feed a duck that was swimming get past in the lovely river..
Best part was the view of the castle
.and the delicious desert
and coffee we enjoyed at Langtons courtyard in John st afterwards....

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Lulabelle4
DeclanMoriarty, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Lulabella 4

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your visit to the River Court Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was very disappointed to read your comments and would be grateful if you could contact me here at the hotel directly or on email at DeclanMoriarty@Rivercourthotel.com. We aim to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable experience at the hotel and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations in this regard.

We always appreciate an opportunity to engage with our guests in a constructive manner and I would really appreciate if you could contact me directly so that we may learn more about your visit and use this feedback in a constructive way to improve for the future.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours in Service
Declan Moriarty
T: +353 (0) 56 7723388
E: gm@rivercourthotel.com

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Be warned! In over 40 years of travel, I have never been turned away from a hotel with a confirmed reservation in my hand. This happened at the Kilkenny River Court Hotel. We booked a room four months in advance of our June trip. We emailed the hotel to reconfirm our reservation and received the confirmation for the date we booked. But when we arrived, they claimed they did not have a reservation for us. We handed them our confirmations and the receptionist went to the back room to talk to the manager. Still no room and the hotel was fully booked. The manager never even bothered to come out to face us. They simply sent us away. No compensation, no apology. They gave us the name and address of another hotel. We had to ask them to call the hotel to check if there was an available room. Terrible service for a (supposedly) 4 star hotel. We lost an hour and a half of our one- day visit to Kilkenny sorting this out. By the time we ventured into town, things were closing up. It was a disaster.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Beth G

Dear Beth G,

Thank you for posting a review of your most recent stay at the River Court Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was very disappointed to read your comments on the experience that you received at the hotel and would really like an opportunity to speak with you in person about this.

We do welcome all feedback and do try and use all feedback constructively to ensure that we continue to improve our service delivery and I hope that you will contact me directly to discuss your experience. Please feel free to email me at Declan.Moriarty@Rivercourthotel.com or call the hotel directly.

Yours in Service

Declan Moriarty
T: +353 (0) 56 7723388
E: gm@rivercourthotel.com

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was a great location and great stop on the way to Dublin. Rooms were spacious, great water
Reassure making a great shower. Enjoyed the hot tub and steam also. Located on huge river in the heart of all the action, it remained quite yet authentic. They just need bigger towels in the bathroom

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The breakfast and the selection there is the best feature. The rooms are nice and the staff very friendly. I think slightly overpriced for what you get. I have stayed several times as part of a group and when I went to check for a rate for a break for myself the rate was expensive. I did ask at reception for some one to contact me on my departure but I am still waiting. WIFI was ok but I had to go to the elevator area to get the best reception for some work related stuff.

Room Tip: Try and get a room over looking the River.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2014

As I write this review, it is 2:45am and we cannot sleep because the room is so hot. I had no idea this hotel had no air conditioning. Outside when we arrived, it was in the 60's but this room must have been shut up. They told us to open the windows which we did but there is no breeze to bring in the cool air. You cannot open the drapes because the room faces the courtyard and there is a big light there shining the window.

Stayed: July 2014