“Breakfast disaster”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Waterford, Ireland
“Breakfast disaster”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed there one night and paid extra for Castle view. No table and chairs on the balcony, noise from bar and the door to the balcony was half hanging off. Not worth it. Breakfast the next morning - had to wait for a table as the dining room was full. We were told that this wasn't there fault it was because all the guest decided to come down to breakfast at the same time!!!!! Breakfast plates were cold, very little food left and had to wait for sausages and eggs to be cooked. All in all I taught it was very poor. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Mazz2
DeclanMoriarty, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Mazz 2,

Thank you for posting your recent review. In relation to our room balconies, we do not have table and chairs on them as the balconies themselves are not suitable to hold such furniture, however we are in the midst of a refurbishment programme for the entire hotel and this is something that we can consider for the bedrooms.

I was very disappointed to read that our breakfast served was not to your satisfaction and I will certainly be looking into the comments that you have made on this and taking constructive corrective action to improve upon the points that you have made. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly at the hotel or on email at DeclanMoriarty@Rivercourthotel.com to discuss your stay in more detail.

I hope to hear from you soon.

E: gm@rivercourthotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have recently returned from a two night pamper break in the River Court Hotel. I am not usually one to write reviews on Tripadvisor but I really thought this is an experience that everyone should have and know about, two of the most relaxing days in a long long time!!! Hosted by a fabulous, professional, smiling team, led by the Declan the General Manager. Superb food, superb service, lots of bubbles in the most beautiful setting beside the river looking across at Kilkenny Castle. Located just off the main street, a stones throw away everywhere, nothing is a problem in this Hotel, your wish is their command!
I cannot wait to return!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sorcha F
DeclanMoriarty, General Manager at Kilkenny River Court Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear SorchaF,

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay with us and for your very valued custom. I am delighted that you enjoyed your two night break away and had the opportunity to experience all areas of the Hotel and had time to see all the wonderful sights that Kilkenny has to offer.

It was a pleasure meeting with you in person and ensuring that you had a most comfortable and enjoyable stay with us.

From all the team, we look forward to welcoming you back to the River Court Hotel in the future and hope that you had a very safe trip home.

Meath
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Only stayed here for one night, quite comfortable but could do with a little renovation. Did not have food here, only breakfast which was adequate but again could do with being reviewed. The best part of this was the view from the dining room, that of the majestic castle and its closeness to the centre of all .

Room Tip: Nice for a weekend to do some sightseeing and also have a meal or drink outside the hotel. Again...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear abbafanMeath,

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay with us and for your very valued custom. Thank you for your constructive comments, we are just started our refurbishments which will include all public areas and bedrooms in the first phase, after 15 years of very successful trading

I agree that certain areas are in need of refurbishments. I assure you that these works will only enhance the guest experience while keeping the ambience and character of the Hotel intact.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

3 adults 1 child lunchtime 1 PM. Sitting on the deck area near river... nothing was set up for the carvery lunch. We finally went in to order food but the 3 people working there seemed to be under pressure setting up for lunch. We ordered 3 salads and and baby dinner bowl. The baby's dinner looked apetizing but our salads looked grim. Mine was called Mimosa salad.. consisting of 5 leaves 2 tiny uncooked potatoes. 2 beans and repulsive dressing. Which cost €7.95 and might happily feed a duck that was swimming get past in the lovely river..
Best part was the view of the castle
.and the delicious desert
and coffee we enjoyed at Langtons courtyard in John st afterwards....

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Lulabelle4
Dear Lulabella 4

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your visit to the River Court Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was very disappointed to read your comments and would be grateful if you could contact me here at the hotel directly or on email at DeclanMoriarty@Rivercourthotel.com. We aim to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable experience at the hotel and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations in this regard.

We always appreciate an opportunity to engage with our guests in a constructive manner and I would really appreciate if you could contact me directly so that we may learn more about your visit and use this feedback in a constructive way to improve for the future.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sammamish, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Be warned! In over 40 years of travel, I have never been turned away from a hotel with a confirmed reservation in my hand. This happened at the Kilkenny River Court Hotel. We booked a room four months in advance of our June trip. We emailed the hotel to reconfirm our reservation and received the confirmation for the date we booked. But when we arrived, they claimed they did not have a reservation for us. We handed them our confirmations and the receptionist went to the back room to talk to the manager. Still no room and the hotel was fully booked. The manager never even bothered to come out to face us. They simply sent us away. No compensation, no apology. They gave us the name and address of another hotel. We had to ask them to call the hotel to check if there was an available room. Terrible service for a (supposedly) 4 star hotel. We lost an hour and a half of our one- day visit to Kilkenny sorting this out. By the time we ventured into town, things were closing up. It was a disaster.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Beth G
Dear Beth G,

Thank you for posting a review of your most recent stay at the River Court Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was very disappointed to read your comments on the experience that you received at the hotel and would really like an opportunity to speak with you in person about this.

We do welcome all feedback and do try and use all feedback constructively to ensure that we continue to improve our service delivery and I hope that you will contact me directly to discuss your experience. Please feel free to email me at Declan.Moriarty@Rivercourthotel.com or call the hotel directly.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was a great location and great stop on the way to Dublin. Rooms were spacious, great water
Reassure making a great shower. Enjoyed the hot tub and steam also. Located on huge river in the heart of all the action, it remained quite yet authentic. They just need bigger towels in the bathroom

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

The breakfast and the selection there is the best feature. The rooms are nice and the staff very friendly. I think slightly overpriced for what you get. I have stayed several times as part of a group and when I went to check for a rate for a break for myself the rate was expensive. I did ask at reception for some one to contact me on my departure but I am still waiting. WIFI was ok but I had to go to the elevator area to get the best reception for some work related stuff.

Room Tip: Try and get a room over looking the River.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business