“OMG Could they be any slower ????”
Review of Kilkenny Cineplex

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kilkenny Cineplex
Ranked #6 of 11 Fun & Games in Kilkenny
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Went to see a kids movie here recently. As expected it was packed, as it was a treat for all we decided we would get popcorn and drinks......I stood in a Q for over 15 minutes and it still hadn't moved.....the movie started and I was still in the Q...... I got the others to go into their seats so they wouldn't miss the movie while I patiently q'ed. " 2 teenage guys were serving the food and looked like they would rather be anywhere else other than there...........then I realized that both food & tickets were being sold from the same stalls.........no wonder it took forever...........20 minutes later I got our popcorn and got my seat..........luckily it was a kids movie so I could follow what was going on,....... otherwise I would have missed the basic story line.......
MANAGEMENT sort this out, people are going to the cinema as a treat these days, it should be a great experience.....not a painful one..................Facilities are clean and most staff are pleasant if not extremely slow !!!!

3  Thank Tilly21

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We go the cinema nearly every week. Love it. Staff are lovely and only complaints are wish they had loyalty cards :)

1  Thank Dawnywawny
Reviewed 29 November 2013

OK I'm writing this after giving this place so many chances but at this point I have reached the end of the line.
I went this evening for 4.55 show with two of my children. Massive queue, one teenager serving snacks and selling tickets. Automated kiosk doesn't take cash so back to the queue, no move- film about to start, I asked the teenager at the ticket checking area was there anyway we could get tickets without queuing in the snack area, it can't be done! extra staff don't come in till 5pm! I asked to see the manager, whereupon A VERY GRUMPY lady appeared and I was told- they don't give me enough staff, I asked her in reasonableness could she just nip up to the till and sort me three film tickets (no food). No! got an excuse about needing to sign onto tills. So we queued and queued -popcorn bags of sweets slushies came and went before us, eventually success at last- tickets, missed start of film. Really fed up of this set up here. the entire cinema appears to be staffed by teenagers on a budget. And your screen is out of focus and surround sound is not working properly. It's obvious the place is being run on a shoestring with no regard to customer relationships. Look- in a nutshell I wanted to buy tickets to a film at a ticket desk with real money from a cashier- not tickets at a food counter with a huge queue.
Mabey the owners don't care and certainly after speaking to the manager that's the vibe I got, I honestly hope there is a viable alternative soon in Kilkenny

3  Thank Tom M
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Brought my fiancée here who is from kilkenny six and half years ago for our first date and I couldn't believe how small it was. It has changed a lot over that time, but I still love going there on a Friday nite especially on a rainy day. Very cosy. Cheaper then my local Liffey valley but nothing in comparison to it.

1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Some staff off putting. Price for sweet popcorn and drinks over the top. Otherwise the cinema is ok.

1  Thank Breda_12