“Nice Shopping”

169 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Nice Shopping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We visited the shops at the design center as our "hotel" the Butler House was connected to the back of it. The shopping is nice and they have a decent selection of irish goods that were better than other irish towns that just had "touristy" goods. We also had our breakfast there in the morning and the food and service was good. Overall a nice stop after a visit from the Castle.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank account4fun

Helsinki, Finland
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“It was okay...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

A fair selection of Irish arts & crafts but for some reason I wasn't that impressed. A nice place but not that special but if you are in Kilkenny it is a good place to visit as there are not many interesting shops in the city itself.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Johanna A
Melbourne, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Top shop art”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was very impressed with this shop for artistic style. Very good pieces of jewellery and pieces of artistic fare for good prices and the benefit of the tax free for overseas travellers like me.
I got some lovely pieces of jewellery for my wife that would not be found anywhere else - and my wife was impressed. I'll be back.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank scroopie
Sedona, Arizona
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Lovely shops in charming setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Would normally expect to find higher prices on tourist goods in this type of facility but was very pleasantly surprised. Goods here were extremely well priced and did not give one the feeling of being taken advantage of as a tourist. Purchased most of my gifts for friends back home here. Quality products and good prices.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Micki B
Seattle, Washington
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Convenient and extensive Selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and I travelled ireland on a photogrqaphic holiday in November. Many of the "high season" shops and attractions were closed, but we found lovely landscapes everywhere. Because our focus was on photography, and we were moving quite quickly, it was difficult to find time to shop for the goods and souvenirs I knew I wanted to bring home from the trip. We stayed for a night in Kilkenny, and bright and early the next morning we swept through the Kilkenny Design Cenre next to our hotel. While I did find the prices to be slightly higher than other places, the wide selection, convenience and shipping expertise to get it all sent hoem without having to add it to our store of gear & luggage was worth the extra cost. We bought crystal, linen art etc. I will note that upon receipt at home, one of our items had been damaged in shipping, and we didn't even notice for 6 weeks (we didn't unpack the art for some time). I contacted Kilkenny Design Centre, and following their instructions, had it replaced, and provided them with a receipt. They reimbursed us for the cost quickly, effeciently and without any hassle. Their customer service was superb in both the Kilkenny location where I did most of my shopping, and also in the DUBLIN location, where I made additional purchases to be shipped home. The shipping took about 10 days, and we receivede everything else as promised. A truly reliable shopping location, and I would not hesitate to reccomend them if you are looking for real made in ireland items. we shopped other small handcrafted shops, but the Centre had a wide range of things to select from. Wonderful!

Visited November 2013