“Good Hotel but Noisy Garden Suites!!”

and 1 more site!
Langton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 31 March 2013

As I travel a lot with work, I find that being able to get a good night's sleep is very important. Unfortunately, I did not get this at Langton House.

Check-In was friendly and efficient and I was directed to the Garden Suites by the Receptionist. The Suites are very well appointed and are as good as the rooms in any 5* Hotel I have stayed in. The only issue is that the walls are paper thin in them. I was kept awake all night by people coming and going, doors banging and full blown conversations which I could easily hear. I did not get any proper sleep as a result and was very tired all day.

On the other hand, the food is excellent and the service friendly and efficient.The hotel is well appointed and luxurious, and one can see that they have invested well in the property. It is just a pity they don't do something about Sound Proofing the Garden Suites!!

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Garden Suites!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We stay in langtons at my wife's sister's wedding and all i can say is from the moment we arrive they could not have done anymore for us. I thought it was abit exspensive when we booked, but it was worth it. great food,staff and the rooms were great. we stayed in a room facing out on to the street and you could hear the traffic in the morning, this did'nt bother us but it might not suit others.

Room Tip: some of the rooms have a double and 2 singles great for family or 3 people traveling together.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank secared
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Staff were helpful, courteous and professional. Food was amazing. The facilities and rooms were extravagant and well kept and the hotel was central to everything. Hadn't heard about the hotel before we got a groupon deal but would definitely go again in the summer or when the weather was a bit better

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend midweek. We got one of the John street suites, the room was incredible! Beautiful furniture, and a lovely jacuzzi bath. Location was very convenient, with parking to the rear. Breakfast was delicious- himself had steak and eggs while I had a vegetarian fry. Any little query or problem we had was quickly dealt with, and we had lovely food in the bar on our second night. Overall, it was a wonderful stay with very helpful staff, and we'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I stayed for one night in July for my partners birthday. I could not fault the hotel in anyway. We stayed in a suite which was amazing. It had an extremely comfortable bed and the bathroom was outstanding with a double bath and separate walk in shower. We had a meal as part of the package and it was beautiful. As a treat we ordered breakfast to the room the following morning. There was no shortage of food and once again was delicious. The night was brilliant and the room was so good we didn't go out at all! The receptionist and all the staff were friendly and accommodating. I would recommend to anyone! It is central with parking at the back of the hotel. You cannot fault the entertainment with a pub and a nightclub in the hotel. Looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We are from Kilkenny and eat and drink in Langton's regularly and will continue to do so as we always enjoy it. We decided to treat ourselves and stay here for Valentine's night on a dinner, b&b rate. Meal was lovely and we had a lovely few drinks both in the main bar and Bridies, breakfast was also very nice and was great to be able to order hot food from the menu so it was cooked there and then. Unfortunately we had a terrible night sleep or should I say didn't sleep at all. We were staying in one of the garden suites which are separate from the hotel. The room was lovely, small and a little bit dark but adequate for one night if you don't plan on spending too much time in the room. The room looked out at a stone wall and a pathway that led to the carpark, as we were on the ground floor it meant people were passing by the window late at night so we couldn't leave the windows open because of noise. Our room was also close to the ballroom which had a large function and the night club was on in the theatre, music from both of these finished at approx. 2.30am, this wasn't a problem as you could barely hear the music but what was the problem was the noise of people leaving when these functions finished, it felt like they were all passing our window. Then there was the noise of what sounded like bottle bins and music equipment being moved. The walls in the suites are paper thin and you can literally hear everything in the other rooms from shouting, fighting to other bedroom activities! Also there is a main door into the suites which was constantly opening and closing from people going and coming. It was about 5am by the time things quietened down. Awful night's sleep, we were almost tempted to check out and go home!

It wont stop us frequenting here for food and drink but would certainly stop us staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank PamelaRonan
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Excellent experience. Stayed in January 2013 with my girlfriend. Room was really nice. Great value for money and the food was lovely. Furthermore the staff seemed genuinely friendly which made for a great trip!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple