“Over all very good”

Langton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 20 August 2013

First day we arrived we were offered afternoon tea which was just perfect and staff couldnt do enought for us, second day having afternoon tea, was told that I couldn't have a teapot had to take a mug which was dirty, got another mug which had a chip out of it, the cake stand had a large chip on it and then had to go and ask for clean plates, than had to go and ask for jam as we were only given one jar and it was tea for two, when asking about the bill I informed the waitress to charge it to my room she was shocked and said " oh I'm sorry I didn't know you were a guest" which shouldn't make any difference, whether I walked in of the street I'm still a paying customer, but I suppose you cant tar everyone of the staff with the same stick, apart from that we loved r stay, and the staff were very friendly

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank martine_mcauley01

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed in Langtons for 2 nights at a very good price from an online deal. As Langtons do quite a lot of weddings and have a disco we asked for a quite room. We were given one of the garden rooms which are very nice, also quiet. The hotel is very well located, in the centre of the town, within walking distance of all the local attractions and restaurants. The only meals we had in the hotel were breakfast which was good except for the orange juice which was some sort of watery cordial. We ate one night in Campagne which was excellent

Room Tip: Ask for a garden room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank barney444
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was at a wedding here and it was fab! From the food to the hotel suite to the bars it was just amazing,stunning hotel.The staff couldnt be more helpful and very nice and friendly,the decor was beautiful and spotless i was in awe of the inside as from the outside it didnt look like much.I will defiantly be returning again my first choice for a stay in Kilkenny!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Pamela R
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We spent 2 nights in this fantastic hotel.
It is well located,has a free car park and free wi fi,and the rooms are very nice.
The check in has been fast and the staff very helpfull.
Everyting has been very nice,except the breakfast,the buffet was very very poor,the lady was quite unfriendly and the dishes that we ordered were terrible.
I'll come back for sure,but without breakfast!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Just back from a delightful overnight in Langtons. Perfectly located for exploring The Marble City it
seamlessly combines old world charm with everything you would expect from a modern 4 star hotel. Welcoming staff, great accommodation and a breakfast to die for, whats not to like?

Room Tip: Rooms at the back would be quieter.
2  Thank Pj B
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My wife and I attended a wedding here on Thursday 8th August and stayed overnight. Langtons was always known as a very popular 'bar' and to some extent restaurant. Now you can add a popular location for accommodation as well. This place ticks all the boxes.

The wedding was brilliant of course and I must mention the service and food. Both are very good. Plenty of everything and served with a smile by the committed staff there.

The bedroom though was just lovely. Air con which is not available in some other hotels in Kilkenny and a very comfortable bed. Luxury toiletries provided for the sower/ Jacuzzi bath .
Best part of the stay was the breakfast next morning. This was not your typical 'buffet' of bacon/egg/sausage, but a menu of options, as well as gourmet cold buffet of home bakes ham, and gourmet cheeses with the usual fruits etc. I had the smoked salmon with brown bread. Decadence !!!!

Try it for a change if you're going to be in Kilkenny. Think you will be surprised and delighted.

Room Tip: we had room 3 . Jacuzzi bath and air con - maybe they all have these...
2  Thank John R
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Had lunch today at langtons my companion wanted to watch match so we sat where he could best see screen and where the check out till was placed. Not being particularly interested in matches I listened in on the interaction between the customers and staff as they were paying for their lunches and was amazed at the staff they asked the children about school and how they had enjoyed the holidays. They had a different chat with everyone complimenting people in different ways as well as a lovely lunch a most enjoyable experience in every way

• Stayed: August 2013