“Excellent on all levels in the heart of the city!”

and 1 more site!
Langton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Recently dined, stayed, had drinks & entertained at Langtons! The staff, food & locations are excellent with a hands on approach visible from owner & managers. Bar/reception/restaurant staff are so helpful patient & understanding its a superb place to celebrate, spend time, eat & socialise!!! Cannot recommend them enough!!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank 3ce
There are newer reviews for Langton House Hotel

Reviewed 30 August 2013

What a Fabulous Hotel!!! from the minute we stepped through the door we were warmly greeted with big smiles and made to feel really special. That continued throughout our stay with them. The staff are genuinely very friendly, pleasant, courteous and professional. We had a nice quiet room in the garden area which was spotlessly clean and lovely. The food in the Hotel was great and we will definitely return. I would recommend this Hotel to friends, family or anyone. We got a great deal with a voucher from an on-line booking company and it was terrific value for money. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are in the garden area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Geordieboy58_12
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed here for two nights for a wedding the August Bank Holiday Weekend and i can't honestly wait to go back there, we were treated so well by every single member of staff through out our stay and i must say they are a credit to the Hotel. Breakfast was beautiful and the Wedding meal was just fantastic. we stayed in room 74 and it was just amazing, the only down side was we didn't get to stay long enough.

For such a large, busy hotel, the staff never looked panicked or phased by it and always spared the time to say hello and make us feel welcome. I Will definitely be back here.

Room Tip: Room 74 was just beautiful but might not suit if your a light sleeper as you have street noise, than...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Heights H
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We got a really good deal with one of those online vouchers so didnt really expect too much. The rooms were spotless, huge double bed and jacuzzi in the bathroom, free choclates and Prosecco which went down a treat. The breakfast was buffet and also a sit down quite extensive menu, food was lovely and staff were extremely nice. There was a wedding on while we were there so the bar was pretty packed but they have a nice courtyard out the back and as the weather was good we were able to sit out there. The hotel itself is right in the middle of the town so central to everything. I realised when I got home that I left my jacket behind me so I contacted the hotel, within the day they found my jacket and sent it in the post to me. We had a lovely time at Langtons and would definetely recommend it to anyone. This is our fourth time to Kilkenny and Langtons would be 1st on our list if returning again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank OzzieDublin
Reviewed 20 August 2013

First day we arrived we were offered afternoon tea which was just perfect and staff couldnt do enought for us, second day having afternoon tea, was told that I couldn't have a teapot had to take a mug which was dirty, got another mug which had a chip out of it, the cake stand had a large chip on it and then had to go and ask for clean plates, than had to go and ask for jam as we were only given one jar and it was tea for two, when asking about the bill I informed the waitress to charge it to my room she was shocked and said " oh I'm sorry I didn't know you were a guest" which shouldn't make any difference, whether I walked in of the street I'm still a paying customer, but I suppose you cant tar everyone of the staff with the same stick, apart from that we loved r stay, and the staff were very friendly

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank martine_mcauley01
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed in Langtons for 2 nights at a very good price from an online deal. As Langtons do quite a lot of weddings and have a disco we asked for a quite room. We were given one of the garden rooms which are very nice, also quiet. The hotel is very well located, in the centre of the town, within walking distance of all the local attractions and restaurants. The only meals we had in the hotel were breakfast which was good except for the orange juice which was some sort of watery cordial. We ate one night in Campagne which was excellent

Room Tip: Ask for a garden room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank barney444
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was at a wedding here and it was fab! From the food to the hotel suite to the bars it was just amazing,stunning hotel.The staff couldnt be more helpful and very nice and friendly,the decor was beautiful and spotless i was in awe of the inside as from the outside it didnt look like much.I will defiantly be returning again my first choice for a stay in Kilkenny!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends