“Great staff in a great hotel with lovely staff.”

Langton House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
“Great staff in a great hotel with lovely staff.”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed here for a girlie night away midweek. Booking was easy, lovely girl Karen was so helpful and even had the whole thing booked over email. On arrival Maria booked us in promptly and we were upgraded to a suite. Bar staff couldn't have been nice an the prosecco and strawberrys were lovely (part of the package). We ate in the restuarant, good was great value and really tasty. Rooms were huge, clean and very comfortable. Checking out was instant and Karen was as helpful in person as through emails. Will defo be back!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Suecork1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Czech first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I've stayed at Langton House Hotel a great number of times over the years and have been meaning to sit down and write a review. We're quick to complain but slow to compliment!!! First of all let me start with the Hotel and rooms - I've stayed both in the Main House and in the Garden Rooms and both are all fantastically decorated. If you're lucky enough to stay in one of the rooms above the Tea Rooms decorated in beautiful timeless style with a bit if a kick into the 21st Century then this is for you! As for the food.....I've dined in both the bar and the restaurant itself and both are just amazing with extensive choices and you will be served efficiently by welcoming staff where nothing is too much trouble. In fact on arrival I have to stay the Front of House are so good, I wouldn't be surprised if they have a degree in Customer Service Care - because they do care so much about you having a good stay! Louise Hipwell has to be my favourite, her chirpy happy attitude is enough to brighten any bad day!!! I would recommend Langton House for any kind of stay, I've been with family, on a romantic break and once in a while on my own, just to get away and each time, I've never been let down! Oh and did I mention the great location? Lol I nearly forgot, its bank in the middle of the city so, park the car and enjoy strolling around the city for the weekend! :)

Room Tip: Just remember there's no lift so if you're not nimble on your feet request one of the fab ro...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MsAmor2013
London
Reviewed 20 September 2013

On my visit I was upgrade to one the Suite on the top floor and despite the other reviews, I couldn't hear any noise.Very spacious room. As this is a grade listed building, so please be aware that there're no lift. I had dinner at the hotel's restaurant and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank vanfor
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed with our two year old for a family wedding. Had to change rooms after the first night as they put us above the nightclub! Exhausted going to the wedding! Overall shabby dirty and rude staff. Dumbfounded as to how they are retaining four stars!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank chefsmrs21
Conor L, Owner at Langton House Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Chefsmrs21,
I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us at Langton House Hotel,
I wish to discuss your stay in detail at a time convenient to you, I have listed my contact details below, I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours Sincerely
Eamon Langton
email: eddie@langtons.ie
Phone: 056 77 65133
Roscommon, Ireland
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Although we found the hotel lovely and the staff fab, our room (72) at the front of the hotel was far too noisy! From 6.30 each morning we were awake with the noise of the traffic right outside the window. There is zero sound proofing! Would we stay in this hotel again??? Yes we would but we would request a room at the back of the hotel away from the road.
We had afternoon tea and an evening meal in the hotel and both were lovely.

• Stayed September 2013
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Reviewed 16 September 2013

On our visit home to Ireland from living abroad my husband and I treated ourselves to a trip to Kilkenny we stayed at the Langton House Hotel and enjoyed every second from our fantastic room to the wonderful food I must complement the hotel on there very friendly staff especially the reception Staff in particular Karen who made us feel very at home .. we will be back again..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandymc2012
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a midweek break at Langtons . The room , service , staff and food cannot be surpassed . From reception to check out we felt warmly welcomed and very much at home . The city is the most interesting in Ireland and Langtons is well located . Special thanks to Rochelle , you are a great rep for the hotel .

• Stayed September 2013