“Fantastic time”

Langton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The Langton House hotel was so much more than I could have expected.
From the reception staff to the waiting and bar staff I could not praise them enough. Friendly and welcoming throughout our stay. We ate dinner in the restaurant that evening and the food was fantastic. The hotel itself is beautiful and our room was spotless and welcoming.
I would definitely go back and I would recommend it to anyway looking for a break away to Kilkenny. Thank you again to all the staff for making our stay fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jenny M

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Yes, we were back again (my sister and I) last week in Langtons. It was another lovely experience for us. We were welcomed like old friends by Breda and the other girls who always make sure that guests are comfortable and well fed. The Breakfasts/Dinners etc. as usual were delicious, well cooked and presented. We also enjoyed a few smaller snacks in "The 67" which seems to be frequented by many locals - always a good sign.

It was a very, very busy time in the Hotel as big Society Wedding Receptions were being held there each day during our visit. (The style was gorgeous - pure catwalk stuff.!) The Diningroom was packed each evening, including many obviously prosperous farming families who were en route home from the National Ploughing Championships. Being extra busy was no problem to the staff who, nothing daunted, were as efficient and friendly as ever and still made time to return to our table to make sure that everything was to our liking. (The Horseradish sauce was perfect too.!)

We stayed in the Garden Suites and everything there was A1; we didn't even hear any of the music etc. from the wedding groups.

It was a very successful sojourn in the Marble City where I bought some exquisite wine glasses in a nearby store, at a really good price too. Langton's staff wanted to know when they would see us again with a cheery "Ah, come down before Christmas if yoiu can." We very well might.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank judyjoycethejoker
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed there from August 30-Sept. 6 while managing a charity golf tournament for the Carlow/Kilkenny Home Care Team. The way we were treated from the minute we walked thru the door until we left was the best overall experience I have ever had at any Hotel, anywhere! From the reception desk, to the maids who cleaned up the rooms, to the wonderful bartenders and waiters/waitresses, back office staff and most of all, the owner of the Hotel, Mr. Eamon Langton. He provides his employees with the qualities that any Hotel or any business in the service industry should learn from. I would send anyone and everyone to this place to stay or even live if you need to. Thanks for a wonderful, incredible and most enjoyable experience of a lifetime!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kevin L
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed in Langtons recently following a family function. From the reception staff, to the bar and waiting staff, I could not praise them higher. We were waiting for other family members and got our arrangements mixed up, it would have been a total disaster were it not for the flexibility, kindness and totally solution based attitude of the hotel staff. They could not do enough for us. We had a number of children in our party, and they had a ball, already begging for the return visit! I found the bedrooms extremely comfortable and have to admit, slept like a log!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Anna D
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed here for a girlie night away midweek. Booking was easy, lovely girl Karen was so helpful and even had the whole thing booked over email. On arrival Maria booked us in promptly and we were upgraded to a suite. Bar staff couldn't have been nice an the prosecco and strawberrys were lovely (part of the package). We ate in the restuarant, good was great value and really tasty. Rooms were huge, clean and very comfortable. Checking out was instant and Karen was as helpful in person as through emails. Will defo be back!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Suecork1
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I've stayed at Langton House Hotel a great number of times over the years and have been meaning to sit down and write a review. We're quick to complain but slow to compliment!!! First of all let me start with the Hotel and rooms - I've stayed both in the Main House and in the Garden Rooms and both are all fantastically decorated. If you're lucky enough to stay in one of the rooms above the Tea Rooms decorated in beautiful timeless style with a bit if a kick into the 21st Century then this is for you! As for the food.....I've dined in both the bar and the restaurant itself and both are just amazing with extensive choices and you will be served efficiently by welcoming staff where nothing is too much trouble. In fact on arrival I have to stay the Front of House are so good, I wouldn't be surprised if they have a degree in Customer Service Care - because they do care so much about you having a good stay! Louise Hipwell has to be my favourite, her chirpy happy attitude is enough to brighten any bad day!!! I would recommend Langton House for any kind of stay, I've been with family, on a romantic break and once in a while on my own, just to get away and each time, I've never been let down! Oh and did I mention the great location? Lol I nearly forgot, its bank in the middle of the city so, park the car and enjoy strolling around the city for the weekend! :)

Room Tip: Just remember there's no lift so if you're not nimble on your feet request one of the fab ro...