“Another gem”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Clare, Ireland
“Another gem”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Was on a hen last and stayed at this hotel. A complete surprise. Amazing layout, wonderful rooms, fantastic food, customer focused, central to the city, but has everything, so why leave! The best and most comprehensive breakfast I have ever come across. I can see why noise might be an issue, but this was not an issue for me. Also had the very best shower ever. This is a quirky find, and I will be back and recommend it. Thanks to everyone at the hotel for a great stay, wish we had stayed for two nights.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Fionamwalsh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Czech first
Cavan
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My husband , daughter and I stayed for one night during the May bank holiday. There is free parking at the hotel which is brilliant. There was a cot in the room on arrival which was very handy. Staff were so helpful and kind and allowed us to leave our pram downstairs in reception. The hotel has no lifts which may inconvenience families with young babies. The room was clean and tastefully decorated in keeping with the period nature of the hotel. On a downside, we could hear music from downstairs but we had been already been informed by reception of this possibility on booking the room due to music on the bank holiday weekend. Breakfast was really scrumptious- loved the croissants! We really liked the vast menu for cooked breakfast - it made a welcome change from the buffet style "fill your plate up" hot breakfasts you see in many hotels. The location was fantastic - walking distance from centre. The tea rooms are also really lively and we were sorry we could not try the food here. We would highly recommend this hotel for couples!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank CavanGirlie
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We go to Langtons every year for a family over night.... It gets better every time we go, the food, service and venue is excellent. Our daughter celebrated her communion and the staff made her feel very special and also gave her a gift!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mur9
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed for a midweek break and it didn't disappoint , nice place for a spot of lunch too , would return , we got a free upgrade to one of their suites which was lovely , nice tea room also to relax and read paper . Staff were very pleasant .

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Idrathergolf
Bailieborough, Ireland
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Our recent second visit to Langtons surpassed our previous stay as the lovely people gave us a complimentary upgrade to a suite ! The regular rooms are fab enough but the suite was sumptous. An all round great place - food, accommodation and friendliness of staff all faultless. Recommend unreservedly.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bailieborough_Blowin
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We recently had our wedding and reception in Langton's. We initially book the the hotel about a year before the date after talking to Eamon and seeing the Set theatre and it's fabulous court yard. It's was instantly obvious from the package discussion that Every member of the Langton team was prepared to give 110% We had a fantastic day every aspect was taken care of. The team are so experienced and professional at what they do. We would both like to thank everyone at Langtons especially Sean Reid for making it such a special day.
If your looking for somewhere for your wedding we couldn't recommend Langtons more highly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Serenia H
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed in Langton's last summer, loved it all in all. Check in was made unpleasant by a rather ignorant blonde who seemed to take it upon herself to discipline me as though she was a school principal,which once I got passed the ridiculousness of,was actually amusing. This is to date the only hotel I have stayed in where a staff member scolded me for making simple requests. One was checking in as soon as possible as I had appointments to keep.She looked at me as though there was royalty cleaning the room and I how dare I want early access to a room I just paid for. When I eventually was granted access to my room she offered to get someone to take my luggage up,I accepted. About 1 minute after shutting the door there was a knock..it was Ms.School Principal blonde pointing to the floor and sarcastically uttering:"there's your bag". I faked a smile and thanked her while in total disbelief.
The rest of my staynwas flawless as I didn't have to deal with her again!!

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business