“Over priced for the quality”
Review of La Palmyra - CLOSED

La Palmyra
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Over priced for the quality”
Reviewed 22 April 2012 via mobile

For being one of the only places with an open kitchen late at night, (other than the pubs) the food was mediocre at best. I would compare the food to cafeteria quality. The tortellini was over cooked and seemed like it had been sitting under a heat lamp. The other plate we had was the fettucini with chicken which was a bit on the bland side but got the job done. The place itself was nice and quiet compared to the wild streets outside. The staff wasn't overly pushy which gave us some time to talk before heading back to the pubs.

1 Thank Mat Q

Frostburg
“Great food and excellent service”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This is a quaint little restaurant with excellent food and service. The staff was friendly and we loved our food. Some of our best food in Ireland.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank mdmbfly
Dublin
“Fantastic Restaurant!”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We ate here last Saturday night during a weekend break to Kilkenny and were delighted with our choice! The staff were very welcoming and recommended a great bottle of wine for us. We have eaten in a lot of Italian restaurants and we found ourselves spoiled for choice with the menu here. For starters my partner had the goat's cheese salad and I had the bruschetta which was huge! For mains I had the penne di pollo and my partner had the fillet steak which was perfectly cooked. Both our meals were absolutely delicious! We just about managed to share tiramisu for dessert and were seriously glad we did, it was fab! We couldn't get over the amazing value when we got the bill and to top it all off we were given a complimentary sambuca which was a lovely touch and ended our evening perfectly! We could not fault anything about our experience at this restaurant, lovely staff, beautiful food and brilliant value, we will definitely be back on our next trip to Kilkenny!

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank L1234Dublin
cork
“wonderful night”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

went here with my family on last week, we were greeted with a warm welcome and given a table for 4 plus a high chair for my 2yr old. we all ordered different starters, mine was the warm goats cheese salad. it was incredible, every bite was magic. goats cheese portion was the largest i ever received and the salad was fresh and crisp coated in a sweet balsamic dressing, juicy sliced tomatos on top. ordered a glass of house red and fell in love with that too. the mains arrived, and as expected they were tasty, freshly made, looked great and loads of everything. another glass of wine please.
the restaurant was packed , great atmosphere, very friendly and i loved the generic decor. seemed to me that this restaurant was set up to firstly make good passionate food and secondly to make profit. would definately return if i lived in kilkenny. my kids were made to feel most welcome and they adored the large glass funnel of chocolate icecreams they received.thank you so much for a wonderful night. this is the first review for me to write.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank cariaCork
Ireland
“Wonderful Meal”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Had a beautiful meal here last Friday with My Wife, Its a small cosy restaurant that makes you feel warm and welcome. Its basically an italian restaurant with a good choice on the menu. I had a prawn cocktail to start which I could not fault,For my Main I had a fillet steak which was huge. Not only was it atleast a 10ounce it was cooked to perfection,It melted in my mouth. The service was prompt and friendly. The 2 course dinner offer was 15 euro with a 5 euro supplement for the steak. Will definitely return to this restaurant on my next trip to Kilkenny.

• Visited January 2012