“Nice old city”

and up
The Kilkenny Way: Ultimate Hurling Experience
Ranked #15 of 75 things to do in Kilkenny
More attraction details
Owner description: We Provide a unique sporting experience giving you an insight into the worlds Oldest (3000 yrs) and fastest field game in the true Home Of Hurling Champions - Kilkenny. Join us for 2 hours of Hurling fun in the Home of the Famous Kilkenny Cats.
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Very nice old irish city where you can visit a lot of historic places. If you are close dont miss it.

1  Thank Cezar V

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is one of the best experiences my husband and I had while we were in Ireland. Going in off-season allowed us to have personal hurling lessons with P.J. who was very patient with the two of us. We knew very little about the sport, but after trying it, I can understand why so many Irish have a love for it. If I had grown up here, I think it would have been a sport for me. P.J. explained the history, the politics and the rules of the sport. We were on the hurling pitch for lessons for about an hour and then we drove by Nowlan Park to see where Kilkenny's team plays, but unfortunately it was locked up as there was a game the next day. P.J. took us back to Lanigan's where we started and had a fantastic lunch. It was so nice to get a true cultural taste of Ireland beyond Guinness. I would recommend it for anyone who enjoys a challenge, for families and for anyone interested in learning about Irish culture. It is worth the money. Arrive a little early as parking is difficult to find in downtown Kilkenny.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

PJ and Sasha made Ireland come to life teaching us about Hurling and its importance to Irish culture. If your travels include immersing yourself into the culture...there could be no better way than a visit with these energetic people. Fun for the whole family and all levels of fitness!

1  Thank Carolyn D
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

PJ made our introduction to hurling fun and memorable. He got us into Nowlan Park for about 45 min and we had the place to ourselves to learn the basics. Lunch and a drink back at the pub capped off the morning perfectly. We will be telling friends about it for sure!

3  Thank Tania C
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I was not particularly inspired by the idea of learning all about hurling. And I was not interested in playing it or going on tho planned event by my wife - who is generally very good about planning great stuff to do.
So with that said - off we went with our 6.5 yr old son in tow.

In reality I had a very good time from start to finish - we all did!

Our son did not participate much but he managed to fill the time while my wife and I learned and played and I found I may have missed my calling.

PJ was an excellent host, our lunch was good and topped off with a visit from the mayor of Kilkenny who happened to be there. He came over to the table and shared a joke with us.
PJ's brother and co- owner of the facility was also very friendly.

Another 5 star score for my wife on finding something fun and interesting to do!!

2  Thank David D