“Great, great time”

and up
The Kilkenny Way: Ultimate Hurling Experience
Ranked #15 of 77 things to do in Kilkenny
More attraction details
Owner description: We Provide a unique sporting experience giving you an insight into the worlds Oldest (3000 yrs) and fastest field game in the true Home Of Hurling Champions - Kilkenny. Join us for 2 hours of Hurling fun in the Home of the Famous Kilkenny Cats.
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I've watched hurling a handful of times but didn't know much about the sport. Owen changed all that, and made it a lot of fun for me, my wife, and daughter. Kilkenny are the kings of hurling and we got to walk into the park where they made that claim. Very cool just for that. Then we got to learn the basics and even take some shots on net. No athletic skill required I promise. We had a great time and have to say its a must while you're in town.

1  Thank Scronin12
in 17 reviews
"basics"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 7 July 2014

one of the most enjoyable activities I've been on while on holidays...would highly recommend...conor was a great guide and very funny...was very entertaining aswell as interesting...couldnt have found a better way to spend a few hours...

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Fortunately not physically demanding whatsoever, my first experience with hurling was a very enjoyable one. Eoughen's (Owen's) enthusiasm and passion for the sport of hurling made the experience infinitely better and more interesting. I hope to someday watch Kilkenny win the Liam McCarthy cup from a major broadcasting network back in the states!

1  Thank Drdrea3
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Went with my niece, her grandma and me. Owen was awesome and clearly loved the game plus we met the legend himself, Henry Shefflin. Great information on the history and then we actually get to try out some skills. Awesome!

1  Thank Haydog1
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The whole family had a great time learning all about hurling from Owen today. He was patient and kind to us hurling complete newbies from the US. We got a true appreciation for the passion and dedication to the sport (or really way of life). We had a truly memorable experience which we will talk about for years. Highly recommended for everyone. Thanks, Owen. Truly outstanding.