“Great Diner” 4 of 5 bubbles

Eddie Rockets
Ranked #79 of 216 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: American, Fast food, Diner
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Carlow, Ireland
“Great Diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Took the kids here for tea, it was very pleasant. Atmosphere was good, quite busy and the service was very good. Food was lovely as always. Waiter was really friendly, seating perhaps a wee bit squashed and my daughter's friend slipped on the stairs on way down to toilet, after which they put up a warning sign :) Generally, though, kids really enjoyed it.

• Visited June 2014

Waterford, Ireland
“The juciest burger in a long while. A treat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

On one of the wettest and windiest days after Christmas, I had a glorious experience and a wonderful meal at Eddie Rocket's in McDonagh Junction in Kilkenny. Inadvertently, we jumped the queue at the entrance, but a really helpful waitress got us menus and her welcome was honest and warm. She later guided us through the menu choices and combo options. What attention on a crowded lunchtime. I had a Smokestack burger, and they were the juiciest and most flavoursome I have had in a long while. This was a treat to top off a great days shopping in a fine centre.

• Visited December 2013
ireland
“Just okay!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Despite being quite busy, we only had to wait five minutes for a free table and were served almost immediately! My sister had a Classic Burger which she left most of as it was really charred and quite rubbery (I had a taste). My niece had a grilled sandwich and chips in a basket..it was really nothing special at all. I had nachos which were just okay!

Some of the food is great and some is not worth it. Staff are friendly though and you couldn't fault them!

Waterford, Ireland
“Usual OK, but Fridays can be hectic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

The smokestack burger has been great recently. The sweet potato fries are a favourite too. I'm not too keen on the shakes, however friends of mine like them.

The staff are Ok, but they have a knack of asking if everything is Ok with the food when you have a mouth full.

If you visit on a Friday, it can be chaos due to the "Fiver Friday" deal. Whilst great value, the classic burger as part of the meal has been overcooked, and getting served and feed in a lunch hour can be tight.

Dublin
“Reasonable but cremated burger, no thanks.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

This has been my second visit to Eddie Rockets in Kilkenny, nice diner and nice staff. The problem is with the burgers, they are literally cremated and are burnt black. I added and extra patty and an egg, nearly chipped a tooth when I bit into the burger it was that charred. The egg was like plastic and the yolk was like a solid lump.
The fries were good and I asked for cheese sauce which I was given very promptly. Chicken wings are also good.
The burgers need serious attention and and maybe a steaming rather than a burning, I think the chefs aim to get the burger a black as possible. I want to go back but also want to hold onto my teeth! please change how you cook you meat patty's Eddie Rockets.

Visited October 2013