“Touring”

The Fig Tree Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 237 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Fig Tree Restaurant is built around an ethos of freshly prepared food sourced from local, Irish ingredients, in a relaxed casual dining setting. All of our food is prepared in our kitchen from scratch from our local minced beef for our burgers to our hand crafted cakes and pastries using the finest grains from the local granary. Our coffee is ethically sourced and selected and roasted to our own requirements, offering you the perfect cup every time. To compliment our dishes we also serve O' Hara's Irish Craft Beers and house red and white wine. We place particular emphasis on our service and friendly customer relations, ensuring every guest enjoys their visit. For those with celiac dietary requirements, we provide a range of gluten free options, both savoury and sweet. Our promise is fresh, hand prepared food in a comfortable setting. Looking forward to your visit. Yours, Chef Prop. Thomas Clarke.
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The food was very good and there are a range of options, so regardless of your price range or taste, you'll find something you like!

1  Thank Gabriella C

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Fantastic good m selection n good value in downtown Kilkenny. Satisfied two adults n a hungry ten year old!!

1  Thank geneive
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Been in here to eat a few times and every time is a tasty treat and amazing value for money! As a vegetarian I find it hard to find any where to eat especially a place that does not serve risotto or fish as a veggie option (Blah).
I also noticed there menu has some vegan choices (I have yet to try) Currently I am hooked on there chickpea burger.The best veggie burger I have ever had probably in my whole life to be honest, with a choice of fresh bun breads and luxury filling options your spoiled for choice. Potions are also very generous!!
My partner rarely eats meat but he cant stop to seem to ordering the meat burgers of the menu as the meat is of excellent quality and cooked to perfection.
I should also add the sweet potato fries are out of this world. All the staff are very warm and welcoming and exceedingly polite, and they cant seem to do enough to make sure all your needs are attended to even when up the walls with customers. The place is always spotless and pristine. I also love the original style and design of the menu and interior! Defiantly worth dining here you'd never be disappointed!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

that's a nice menu, with great creativity and awesome taste. nice music, good ambient and friendly staff. I recommend!

1  Thank Samuel S
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Come here each morning for coffee its fab and staff are very friendly would recommend coming here for coffee or lunch-:)