“Yum!”

The Fig Tree Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 242 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Fig Tree Restaurant is built around an ethos of freshly prepared food sourced from local, Irish ingredients, in a relaxed casual dining setting. All of our food is prepared in our kitchen from scratch from our local minced beef for our burgers to our hand crafted cakes and pastries using the finest grains from the local granary. Our coffee is ethically sourced and selected and roasted to our own requirements, offering you the perfect cup every time. To compliment our dishes we also serve O' Hara's Irish Craft Beers and house red and white wine. We place particular emphasis on our service and friendly customer relations, ensuring every guest enjoys their visit. For those with celiac dietary requirements, we provide a range of gluten free options, both savoury and sweet. Our promise is fresh, hand prepared food in a comfortable setting. Looking forward to your visit. Yours, Chef Prop. Thomas Clarke.
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stopped in here by chance for a coffee, with the idea of searching for a restaurant after. However, when we saw they did food we decided to ask for a menu as the food people were eating around us looked delicious!
I ordered the chicken caeser salad, which was very nice. Sauce was great, salad leaves were fresh and they were generous with the parmesan cheese, bacon and croutons. Chicken was very moist, my only complaint being that i wished the chicken would have been warm. It did not state 'warm' chicken caeser salad on the menu, so i ate it and enjoyed it very much anyway. However my boyfriends lamb burger was out of this world delicious! Moist, full of flavour and perfectly balanced. If we ever go back.... i know what im ordering!
Their cakes looked delicious, and i took away a cheeky (and very large) piece of rock road, which i thoroughly enjoyed eating back at my hotel later on that evening :) would recommend!

1  Thank penguin3006

Reviewed 13 March 2014

An interesting offering with quality ingredients made for a restful lunch on a busy day. Friendly atmosphere and a tasty lunch for all.

1  Thank Moose_Tracks-NY
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Have eaten here roughly five or six times and it really just gets better and better.
The chef who ever it is is fantastic, the food is absolutely delicious and well seasoned and put together!! I am a strict vegetarian so its delightful to me that I can actually have something decent to eat when I am in town rather then waiting until I get home, I always order the chick pea burger or vegan potato cakes. (YUM

My partner usually orders a meat version burger and is always delighted with it.
Very spotless place and its refreshing to be able to see the kitchen and how shiny it is as your food is being prepped!!! Very good price for the amazing quality & quantity of food that you receive in the Fig Tree!!

Owner is delightful & friendly. A must on your dine list when in Kilkenny!!!!!

2  Thank Drea B
Reviewed 3 March 2014

food is prepared fresh burgers are fantastic,great value for money, staff are very friendly and helpful, ill be back again and soon!

1  Thank trish p
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The food was very good and there are a range of options, so regardless of your price range or taste, you'll find something you like!

1  Thank Gabriella C