“Great music!”
Review of Metropole Bar

Metropole Bar
Ranked #172 of 233 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Drinks were a little expensive, but the music was amazing. We followed our ears to Metropole and we stayed for hours.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

First night in Ireland. Stopped in for a Guinness. Enjoyed the music and friendly vibe. After walking the town to check out other pubs returned to metropole and enjoyed a fun evening chatting up bartenders. My 19 year old son and I had a great time here and would return.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Read my reviews I am very fair and usually have positive reviews. I wish I could have a positive one of Metropole. I had lunch there with my partner and was extremely disappointed. First when we walked in it was obvious that there was some construction which appeared to not been started very recently. The first place we went to seat ourselves at had torn and dirty vinyl on the booth side. I ordered a toasted ham sandwich and was ask if I wanted the one with cheese, told the server/bartender/only employee that I did not want cheese. My partner ordered a club no tomato. My sandwich came with cheese and there was tomato on the club. I was also charged the price of the ham sandwich with cheese. Next we went to use the ketchup supply and there was some sort of debris on the inside of the glass bottle of the ketchup, the bottle wasn't a recently open one but one that was refilled several times. In our entire time in the place the server never once came back and checked on us. This is a place to avoid.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We had planned on going to the Gourmet Shop at 56 High Street in Kilkenny for lunch. However, the Gourmet shop was closed (either the construction or perhaps they were closed on Sunday. We were all hungry, so the nearest place was the Metropole Bar.

On the plus side it was quiet. We ordered 2 sandwiches and 1 coffee and the total was €14.00. Ham & cheese toasted and a chicken sandwich, both came on regular white bread with a side of tortilla chips (a bit odd) I had the chicken sandwich and that is what I got - no lettuce, no tomato, no mayo. Asked for mayo as it was a bit dry.

Wish the Gourmet shop has been opened!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Visited this bar 4 times during a 10 day stay in Kilkenny. While we didnt try their food, we did enjoy the beer and Irish coffee. Wednesday night they had a 5 piece Irish band - excellent. Cant wait to go back.