“Not so quality chocolate”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Kittys cabin

Kittys cabin
Ranked #5 of 19 Shopping in Kilkenny
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not so quality chocolate”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Had a variety of truffles ( 5 ) , all of which tasted like cheap quality chocolate - even the kids didn't like them . But a high quality price of 1 euro each also left a bitter aftertaste.

3 Thank Mark J
KittysCabin01, Manager at Kittys cabin, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Hi

We Are Very Sorry To Hear That You Were Not Happy With Your Purchase Of Our Finest Belgian Chocolates, We Do Offer Off These At A price Of 6 for €5.

We Would Have Been More Than happy For You To Return To The Shop With Your Unsatisfied Purchase, We Could Have Resolved This And Turned Your Experience Into A Memorable One

We Never Like To Hear And See That A Customer Has Had A Bad Experience Within Kitty's Cabin Kilkenny.

We Try And Give Our Customer Service 100% At All Time And Offer The Highest Quality products Available.

We Hope To See You The Next Time You Visit Kilkenny And Kitty's Cabin.

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“the best 99s!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I love Kitty's Cabin. The staff here are really friendly & helpful. They have such a wide range you can find just about anything here, from sweets you haven't seen since the 80s to ranges you can usually only find in America. The owner is really enthusiastic about trying to source new ranges.

They have the nicest 99s, really thick icecream & very generous servings. You'll often see a queue at the icecream hatch on sunny evenings! They seem to be open til 10 everyday, I expect they close a little earlier in the winter, but it's always open when I'm walking home after 9pm.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank riona_f
Dublin
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“I'm going back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Found this little place, by chance, while strolling around Kilkenny on a slightly chilly evening. I got a delicious hot chocolate there, from a very pleasant, friendly guy, I think he is the proprietor.
I hadn't expected to find anywhere open serving take away drinks at that time, around 7/8 p.m. so this was a really good find.
I didn't get to go inside this time, (bought my hot chocolate at the hatch), but will definitely be back, to look around it properly, on my next visit to Kilkenny.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Galway_Lady
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“So Sweet!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Oh my goodness - you are in for a treat in this little sweet shop!! I have never seen so many sweets - I asked for a bit of everything then had to tell the assistant no as he proceeded to offer me a bag to fill lol

Staff were absolutely 2 lovely lads - must have spent over an hour standing chatting with them. Even met on in the street next day and he stopped to talk - so nice. My daughter had a wee eye on them. Really friendly and helpful. And wow what a selection of both traditional sweeties and even American sweets - a must try are the fruit cubes and even the fudge - yum

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lesley W
EIRE
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Nostalgia, nostalgia, nostalgia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Visited this little old fashioned sweet shop when in Kilkenny. The vast array of treats for the taste buds left me in a dilemma as I couldn't decide what to buy so I've just decided I will definitely return. Very well presented with every sweet you can imagine (or in some cases even remember!) it's hard to decide which is your favourite. The lovely proprietor, Derek, was more than helpful offering me samples to try - hazelnut wrapped in dark chocolate came up tops on the day. After a pleasant trip down memory lane and excellent service I left clutching my little (well quite large really) bag of goodies and a most delicious hot chocolate with every intention of returning the next time I visit Kilkenny.

Visited December 2013