“charming tea rooms and delightful staff”

Mocha's Vintage Tea Room & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 237 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Mocha's Vintage Tea Room Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and sweet treats all in delightful surroundings. All food is freshly prepared daily on our premises. We serve salads, soups, hot meals, sandwiches, light snacks and more. Choose from an array of loose leaf teas or our fairtrade coffee. We also have a selection of gluten free items on our menu, as well as dairy free options. Please advise your server of any special dietary requirements.
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I visit the vintage Tea Rooms weekly.It is a pleasurable experience, .paper, glass of merlot or two .
Great food ,comfortable surroundings and what a joy to be welcomed by Edward and his team..
Edwards attention to detail and such genuine Irish warmth is a joy to behold.
This Cahir Co Tipperary gentleman is a valuable treasure and is the relics of old decency.
This man should be in the Catering colleges ,instructing the new recruits on how to connect.
with the customer..
A joy to observe with great Irish humour . .EVERY GOOD LUCK ON THE JOURNEY EDWARD.
P

1  Thank Phyllis C

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I posted a review here before but it's so great I thought I'd come back and say it again. Ed the manager/waiter/star baker deserves all the praise he's getting on this board, nothing is too much trouble for him and he remembers details like our coffee preferences. Raspberry and chocolate cake divine the other day. I want to shout out in Kilkenny, come to this café, it's so worth it.

1  Thank fluffball33
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Had lunch here recently with two friends. I was only having scones & coffee but our server, may have been Ed, was the highlight. The banter started when we sat down & we gave as good as we got but spent the entire meal hooting with laughter! The others had lunch & I'd highly recommend the wedges. Meals are served on vintage crockery & the china cups are fabulous, they reminded me of Grandma's china! Scone & coffee were perfect. Turkey bagel eater reported that she was impressed & we were only sorry we weren't hungrier as everything looked good.
Go there for definite, it's a cute place & the food is great.

2  Thank Owiedub
Reviewed 28 April 2014

A must see for anyone coming to kilkenny. The surroundings are great the food is wonderful but the staff really make it. Ed is full of fun wit and can make up any treat you want. Cannot recommend highly enough. G

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Vintage Tea rooms has a unique, charming, antique and contemporary interior, with a relaxing , friendly and welcoming atmosphere. I really enjoy that and like to take my time and just relax and take it in while enjoying one of their many delicious beverages and one of their scrumptious homemade pastries.

The Vintage Tea rooms also offers a nice selection of Bagels, sandwiches, wraps and meals.
I am particularly fond of their quiches.

The staff are well mannered, friendly, attentive and will make you feel right at home.
To sum it up, The Vintage Tea rooms are most definitely worth a visit.

I know I will be back there soon to enjoy more of what is on offer there.

1  Thank John P M