“Top class. Great value”

Mocha's Vintage Tea Room & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 219 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mocha's Vintage Tea Room Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and sweet treats all in delightful surroundings. All food is freshly prepared daily on our premises. We serve salads, soups, hot meals, sandwiches, light snacks and more. Choose from an array of loose leaf teas or our fairtrade coffee. We also have a selection of gluten free items on our menu, as well as dairy free options. Please advise your server of any special dietary requirements.
Naas, Ireland
“Top class. Great value”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is simply an excellent little place. The food is delicious. Prices not unreasonable. Staff very friendly. Highlight of trip to Kilkenny. Thank you!!!

• Visited July 2014

Kilkenny, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for lunch, fabulous staff, lovely food”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I've dined three times in the last two months at the Vintage Tea Rooms and it is superb. Food is fresh, tasty, interesting and really high quality. My battered hake had that irregular look of fresh fish prepared there, not something bought in battered and frozen, and it was perfect fresh hake in a light, crisp batter. 3 weeks later salmon tart was hot, delicious and in a light, short pastry. I want the recipe for the red cabbage salad, sweet, tart and with the cabbage slightly softened around the edges. The menu is lunch fare but beautifully done and great value.

Last time I was with my mother in her wheelchair and the staff were massively kind, considerate and helpfull. Nothing tests more than an awkward customer at peak service and they were magnificent. Service is fast but not hurried and everyone seems to love what they do. The head waiter is one of the best I have seen, watchful, alert, in command but impeccably polite.
Details are not missed, water came with ice and a slice of lemon,a small but often overlooked consideration that is my pet dining out peeve.

Recommending a restaurant is always fraught with the risk that it won't be consistent: your good meal will lead to someone else's bad experience. Not so here. Vintage Tea Rooms is consistent and consistently good, better by far than almost any of the establishments in the city centre.
Quirky decor that shouldn't work but does just adds to the place's charm and the warm athmophere. Significantly the restaurant was busy every time I've been there: quality like this advertises itself.

Vintage Tea Rooms is next door to Campagne, the country's best restaurant (and my favourite restaurant anywhere) but the two places are doing very different food but with a lot in common: gorgeous food and super staff. Now I have two favourites and they are next door to each other.
There really is only one thing to say: go there!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank PaddyJManning
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Good food and entertainment"!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you want excellent, home-made food and pastries combined with first class service with a smile and a sense of fun. You cannot miss out on this eatery run by Joe and Ed and all the staff who make everybody feel at home. My aunt and I go there every week, we would not miss out on our weekly fix of tasty treats and a good laugh with Ed.

• Visited July 2014
“Classy and comfortable”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This is my favourite place in Kilkenny. I use it for bith business and meeting with friends. Food is amazing, whether it's lunch, a cup of tea (great selection) or a treat, must try mixed berry scones, yum! The staff are superb and really make the tea rooms a special place to go.

Kilkenny, Ireland
“A real treat in Kilkenny”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have eaten here twice with various family members and on both occasions have been delighted
with the food,service and atmosphere. A very relaxed old world feel combined with excellent food.
All the staff we encountered were helpful and friendly. Although a little off the beaten track its well worth the effort to find this Vintage Tea Room. We thought the prices were very reasonable for the quality of food offered. We will certainly be back.!!

• Visited June 2014