“Great place to stay”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
ennis
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Went with my partner and two young children. I found the staff incredibly friendly and accomodating.The room suited us perfectly. The restaurant was fantastic and we had two great meals there. O'Faolains Bar was amazing and the atmosphere was very lively. When we wanted something a bit quiter we just went across to PVs pub. It was great that everything was under one roof and we didnt have to go looking for anything. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We had a great stay and i would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Corofin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 August 2009

I have stayed in the Kilford several times and cannot fault the hotel for its service, location or friendly staff. Location is right in the center of the city and the bar in the hotel is amazing.
We stayed for two nights and ate in the hotel both nights, the food was great and would recommend if you were staying in the hotel to eat there. The nightlife is really great and would recommend O'Faolains for a great night out!
I will definitely be coming back again as my stay was a pleasure!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
banner
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Have to say that this about my third or fourth visit to Kilkenny and each time I find the Kilford an ideal hotel to serve my purposes be they work or pleasure, midweek or weekend. Staff yet again were friendly and helpful. Breakfast and especially dinner were of a very high standard. Rooms of a sufficient size and very clean. Overall can not wait for my next visit.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Toronto, ON
Reviewed 23 June 2009

The hotel was deceivingly big on the inside. It was a bit confusing to find the room and the number of stairs...be prepared to haul your luggage up and down!

Once again, the room was a good size and had both double and single beds. It was right in town and we (I was part of a tour) walked right by it initially. It was a bit outdated and does need to be updated.

The hotel is attached to a bar which is very nice and modern. So all-in-all, a nice stay.

• Stayed June 2009
Drogheda
Reviewed 11 May 2009

What a revelation it is to meet genuinely caring hoteliers. On arriving at The Kilford Arms my partner collapsed with an attack of kidney stones!!!! The hotel staff and owners were so caring and helpful. My partner had to stay for four nights in the local hospital and during that time the staff made sure I was looked after and made me feel at home in a town where I was totally alone. We had only initally booked the Hotel for one night but as it turned out I had to stay for four and there was no hassle holding on to the room from a day to day basis as I found out what was happening in the Hospital. Because I stayed from Sat till Wed I can definitley testify that the hotel itself is busy at the weekend with a fabulous 3 story pub and nightclub and as a result it can be noisy. During the week it is transformed into a quiet escape ideal for midweek breaks with great food and craic. As I didn't get to enjoy the nightlife on this stay will defo return - with my partner hopefully staying with me this time!
A massive thanks to all the staff again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Midlands
Reviewed 18 April 2009

Well where do I start - if you are looking for a nice quite relaxing weekend this is not the hotel to stay. I think every stag and hen party in Kilkenny are staying at the Kilford Arms. The Saturday night was just manic with half dressed bodies everywhere - plenty of noise and screeching. The room we got was a show box and a little pricey for a January stay. It was very clean though and they put on a great breakfast and staff were nice. Stayed here a couple of years ago and it was grand but I certainly won't be staying again.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Red_Kazzel
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 February 2009

hi everyone this is my first review i hope to have many more ..............
we stayed in kilford arms hotel at the weekend when we arrived the staff we're very nice even got a mini tour of the place.went to the rooms we were staying in the family room which was huge , very spacious and very clean and comfortable. we had lunch in the bar which was also nice. they are recently after adding a huge smoking area i personally don't smoke but i didn't mind going out there with friends as it was a lovely area with lots of seats and heaters . the late bar was beautiful the three different levels were cool good music great atmosphere the only complaint that i have was the toilet down near reception was dirty could have been cleaned alot better .... the breakfast in the main restraunt in the mornings was buffet style was ok could have been nicer... over all i think the hotel is a great place to go with friends or young couples as a base for a great weekend and it's cheap the place is really nice so much better than i would have expected and would recomend it .

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends