Helen and George and Geraldine run this 4* guesthouse situated 1km/15 mins walk from central Kilkenny. I was there for 3 nights across the extraordinarily busy time of the Bruce Springsteen concerts having booked 3 months in advance. Several aspects of this specific stay are worth mentioning.
1. I have to phone in mid evening of arrival day to advise that the bus from Dublin has broken down and e.t.a. is "late". "Don't worry we'll keep up so that you can get in" (after midnight in the event).
2. After an excellent early breakfast George offers to give me a lift into town rather than taxi so as to save a bit of time so that I can get nearer to the front of the queue.
3. I get a (free) ham sandwich without asking for it for the second day's concert.
4. The room price remained a "standard" despite the significant over demand (local farmer renting out tents at 100Euro/nt).
As already mentioned the breakfast is a substantial fresh cooked Irish special. Plus loads of fresh fruit, yoghurts, and several cereals and juices. They even bought in some odd tea that I like for the second day.
The property is modern (1970s?) so not quaint, but very clean and pleasant. The people working there make it even more so.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Laragh House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.