“Best Rooms Around”

Ranked #27 of 72 Kilkenny B&B and Inns
Denver
“Best Rooms Around”
Reviewed 23 August 2006

My room at Laragh House was one of the nicest I’ve stayed in anywhere—5-star resort hotels included! The décor is very modern and welcoming, and my room was immaculate.

It is a short walk into town, though the guesthouse is located far enough out of the city centre to be relaxing and calm (at least calmer than the city centre). The guesthouse also has a nice guest lounge, patio, and dinning room. Breakfast was also very good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — Room and décor
  • Disliked — No complaints!
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled solo
4 Thank artfuldodger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New Jersey
Reviewed 20 August 2006

Stayed at the Laragh House with my three children; we had two rooms. Rooms - both public and our rooms - were stylish and attractive. Warm welcome from the father of the owner, who was very helpful.

Hotel is well situated for a stroll into Kilkenny, but out of town far enough to ensure a quiet night's sleep. It is about 15 minutes walk from the Kilkenny Castle (a must-see).

Breakfast was good and we would definitely return here on another trip. Small mishap at checkout time due to an overcharge (they thought we had three rooms instead of two). I think that the owner is not around all that much but the staff did their best to fix the error immediately. Very very nice place.

• Liked — So stylish! Great location.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
4 Thank trishf
Ireland
Reviewed 15 August 2006

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a weekend break at Laragh House. The guesthouse was magnificent and definitly the best accomadation I have ever stayed in. It was easy to find, fantastic location and the room was fab - tastefully decorated with great space within the room.

I have to disagree with the last posted comment stating that there was no hospitality at the guesthouse. Helen greeted us when we arrivied and checked us out on our departure. We seen her on a number of occasions durning the weekend and each time asked us if everything was ok and where we enjoying our stay at both the guesthouse and Kilkenny itself. The rest of the staff at Laragh House where equally as friendly and helpful to us during our stay.

Definitly will be recommending a stay at this guesthouse for all my family and friends.

• Liked — decor - fabulous
  • Disliked — nothing - everything fantastic
  • Tips/Secrets — a must to stay
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank M-Leahy
Connecticut
Reviewed 28 July 2006

The Laragh House was an exceptional B&B for the price. The rooms were spotless and very stylish. It is a very modern looking place with a nice sitting room and breakfast room. The bed was very comfortable and everything looked fantastic. My only complaint is that the host (Helen) quickly showed us to hour room and we never saw her again. The hospitality does not compare with what we experienced on the rest of hour trip.

• Liked — stylish and clean rooms
  • Disliked — no hospitality
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 26 July 2006

We spent one night here and it was extremely impressive for the price, new, purpose-built, spotless, great shower. Our party had three rooms and they were all equally good. A 15 - 20 min walk to town centre and it's in a quiet, but very easy to find area.

Stayed July 2006
1 Thank teddy1998
London, England
Reviewed 19 July 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night and the room was perfect. Everything, including the bathroom was new and CLEAN! The matress was so comfortable and they had lots of pillows too. They also had a iron/board and blow drier.

The staff were really friendly.

For breakfast we had a choice of cereal, fruits and a fry up - very delicious.

The only slightly negative moment was when we went to check out they wanted to charge us 80 Euros, but we were told 70 Euros in our confirmation email. We simply pointed this out and it was not a problem.

We would definitely go back!

• Liked — The cleaniness and newness
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AlexandrasWorld
Ireland
Reviewed 10 August 2005

I agree with the other reviewer previous to me. This B & B is the best by far I have ever had the pleasure to stay in and is definitely nicer than a lot of the hotels I've ever been in. Absolutely top class and a credit to the owner.

Stayed June 2005