“Ship shape hotel”
Review of Kilkenny Inn Hotel

Kilkenny Inn Hotel
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We were 3 pals travelling together & finding one room was not easy. This was perfect. Excellent service by helpful and friendly staff, clean and neat room with windows that open to a great view of a beautiful, very old church! Simple and elegant decor. High quality linens and towels.

Location was fine walking distance to everything in town and in the butter slip area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here last week and we found the hotel just average, a bit on the older side. The staff was not overly friendly and seemed annoyed by answering our questions. The best part about this hotel is the location, just up the hill from the Smithwicks Brewery.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2012

When I researched and booked this hotel, I was thinking it was in a pub.
Here in Australia we mostly call inns pubs so I was expecting some noise, lots of people etc.

What I found when I got there was mind blowing, it was a very posh looking hotel.
I found the reception staff very helpful with my queries and the breakfast was beautiful. I would have to say they had the best crossiants I have ever tasted and the room was lovely.

The area is very quiet so I slept very well and it is also only a short walk to get to the city centre and attractions.

I was very happy with the service, the price and my experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Monkeymia79
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Just on the train on my way back from a great weekend break with a few friends in Kilkenny, the hotel was ideally located to enjoy the amenities of this lovely city. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff couldn't be more helpful and breakfast was cooked to order. Good time had by all.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Al012
Reviewed 5 February 2012

a group of us stayed at the hotel. the staff were friendly and helpful. rooms were perfectly clean. beds were v comfy! the breakfast was great. v central hotel and reasonably priced compared to other hotels in kilkenny!would definitely recommend to others especially groups.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank clogs2
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Stayed here with a group of 18 for one night. The fact that all 18 people were completely satisfied says it all really, but that would be a very short review. Hotel is modern and really nicely decorated with ample carparking to the rear. Rooms were warm and clean. Bar is small and quite cosy. Breakfast area is really lovely and the food itself was very good quality and there was enough of it! Staff were pleasant and efficient and the hotel seems to be family run. It is in a good location, walking distance to everything but far enough away to be quiet at night. I would definitely recommend this hotel and think it is excellent value.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Michelle76
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stay in hotels in various locations all over Ireland from low to middle tariff and I have to say this hotel is one of my favorites, I stay here on a regular basis and always find it to be clean and tidy.Breakfast is freshly cooked and served with a smile. Sarah the receptionist is always very efficient, helpful, and polite a true professional at her job. Conveniently located just a 2 minute walk from the town center and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo