“Enjoyable Break in Kilkenny”
Review of Kilkenny Inn Hotel

Kilkenny Inn Hotel
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I recently stayed at the Kilkenny Inn and I would gladly recommend it to friends and family. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. The room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. Great location, great value and a very enjoyable stay

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Just back from the hen weekend we had for my sister which I had the pleasure of organizing. Firstly, I would like to point out that as it was my sister's hen and the first hen I have ever had to organize, I was extremely nervous about everything and wanted everything to be perfect! Needless to say, the hotel and staff could not have been more helpful and completely put my mind at ease!
I originally spent ages ringing around different places and hotels for different prices until I came across the Kilkenny Inn on trip advisor, it had some great reviews! I rang to enquire about a booking and got excellent rates that also included breakfast.
Both Linda and Sarah were the management team that I was dealing with throughout the organizing and I have to say they were absolutely fantastic. Anything they could think of or help us organize, they did!
First impressions of the hotel were lovely, the reception area is very pretty and comfortable, Linda checked us in and gave us details of the facilities in the hotel, where the breakfast room is, the times of breakfast and directions of how to get into the city, etc. She was extremely helpful. There was also plenty space for parking too which we were delighted with!

The rooms were really bright and clean and comfortable. Lovely white crisp sheets and comfortable mattresses, it was just perfect and bathrooms were a good size too. We were really lucky in that our hen group were pretty much all on the same floor which made things really handy for everyone.

For our activity we had a fortune teller which came to the hotel, so Sarah kindly gave us use of this bar area upstairs. It was perfect, we all got to meet for a glass of bubbly in our own private little area and had a few nibbles while everyone got to know each other. The hotel was able to provide us with everything we asked for and more! The upstairs room was just perfect for our group of 13, and it even had its own bathrooms which were so pretty and clean with lovely scented hand washes. The use of this area really made the weekend, it was the perfect place to gather, have a few drinks and relax before the night ahead!

All the girls that were at the hen thought the hotel was perfect, the girls that had the triple bedroom said it was huge and everyone was delighted with the service they received over the weekend.
The full Irish the next morning was perfect and well received, the staff were very efficient and helpful.

The hotel was only a short 5-7mins walk maybe less to the town centre and it was the perfect distance to get a bit of fresh air the morning after the hen and take a stroll into town. It also was nice and quiet then at night so those who needed the bed early could enjoy a restful night’s sleep.

We really had a wonderful time at the hotel and it was down to the staff and their extremely helpful and friendly welcomes. I would definitely recommend this for any group bookings as they were well equipped and organized to deal with all of us!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claire T
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, on arriving i thought the room was small but cosy and clean. Check in was fast and efficient as if they wer waiting for us ! I was disappointed however about been woken up at 4am to the noise of people shouting up and down d corridors banging on doors i tried to ring reception after an hour of listening to this noise but the phone was not manned. i eventually fell asleep but was woken again at 6am by a loud bang in d room beside us i tried reception again and someone anwsered this time and said they would check it out. On checking out we were greeted by a guy at reception who looked like he didn.t want to be there and i also felt the room was very over priced and it did not include breakfast. I definitely would not return to this hotel or recommend it anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Spent an evening in Kilkenny with friends and was very impressed by our stay here. We were delighted with the warm welcome we received on arrival. Staff very friendly and helpful, able to suggest places to visit around the city. Breakfast very satisfying. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I guess this is the difference in a hotel and a B & B. When we walked up to the counter to check in, the clerk was curt...borderline rude...and gave us the impression that we were a bit of an interruption to her life. Bad first impression. The room was adequate and price OK. The breakfast was not memorable. I wouldn't go back nor recommend it. For some reason they miss the service thing.
cliff and patsy s.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2012

The hotel is a bit out of the main core-though walkable. We had a triple room and it was nice that it appeared the third bed was permanenet and not just a cot.

The hotel (and our non smoking) room smelled of smoke.

Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TishVancouver
Reviewed 17 August 2012 via mobile

We spent a night during the Kilkenny Arts Festival. We had no idea that we would be somewhat off the beaten track. It was not as central to the action as most other places in the town. We had a good nights sleep and breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2012