“Really enjoyed my stay”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
County Galway, Ireland
“Really enjoyed my stay”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Room was a good distance from the road so really quiet and easy to sleep in, it was clean and cosy, not huge but plenty big enough for one person! I was advised where is good to eat locally by the owner and was delighted with honest and local knowledge. I went for a drink in the bar after my meal and was entertained by the owner and her son for a while. I really appreciated the company as I was travelling for work and was alone, they were both so lovely. Breakfast the next morning was ok, I'm not a fry person so choices were limited to cereal or fruit, I'd have loved pancakes as something warm to start the day but otherwise no complaints! I really would stay there again, they were all so lovely and made my stay super!

Room Tip: Quiet room out the back over looking the carpark
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Carlow
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

My mother in law as a guest of the hotel invited me to meet her there for coffee this morning. Unfortunately I didnt even get inside the hotel as some pompous little git came out and immediately told me I wasnt allowed to park there. I was in the middle of helping two other guests to jump start their car as their car battery had gone flat over night. He didnt even thank me for helping them- just told me to get out. I had a baby with me and had to load everything back up and go park somewhere else. So needless to say I wont be back if this is how they treat customers. Cead Mile Failte- yeah right!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank zebeck
Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Spotless clean hotel. although the outside is a bit dated looking. nice comfortable room. free parking. Friendly staff were able to advise about the city attractions. Great value! 2 minute walk to bars. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KenMat2014
Ansonia, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I just recently came back from a trip around Ireland (we are from Connecticut). This was our second stop. The staff at the Kilkenny Inn was very nice and informative, and the parking area in the back was a definite plus. As with most other places, the hotel was very amenable to us checking in early. The hotel room was pretty standard, nothing too special but certainly a nice place to stay for the night. It was in a great location...just down the street from a Spar so we could pick up waters and snacks, and a short walk into town and to the castle. However, it was far enough away that it was very quiet at nighttime. The price was very reasonable and we got a full breakfast the next morning. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Triptaker811
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Needed somewhere reasonably priced and conveniently located to Kilkenny city. This was just on the edge so ok, room was on the top floor so banged my head on the eaves a couple if times, but for €59 including a nice breakfast I would have no problem staying there again!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Andrew S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Kilkenny inn hotel for three nights with my 85-year-old father. Staff were very friendly it's a 10 minute walk into town. Definitely stay there again I am already looking into a trip back in May

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank martinb57
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and we had a lovely time. It's our second visit. The hotel is within walking distance of the town and the Kilkenny Castle. The hotel is very well run. The food in both the Pure Bar and the Taste Resturant is very good and the staff are very friendly and efficient,
especially Philip. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2013