My husband and I chose the Lyrath as our weekend destination to get away from it and just relax and they definitely did not fail to deliver. All the staff, from the cleaners to the bar staff and reception, were very courteous and professional. Our room was simple and elegant with a huge bed which was super comfortable. The hotel building itself is so impressive they way they have seamlessly added the new part to the old house. It’s lovely too that you can wander around the stately home; it’s like having a museum in your hotel. Upon entering the lobby you get an indication of what kind of place you are in, stylish, sleek, modern and elegant. Before dinner we had a stroll around the vast grounds attached to the hotel. Our dinner was in the trendy Yindees Oriental restaurant, the starter was incredibly tasty, my main course was very nice but I though it was a little uninspired (Lamb Jalfrezi), dessert was chocolate and chilli moose which I can’t wait to try and replicate at home. Afterwards we had a delicious cocktail which was made by Conor. At €10.50 each you wouldn’t have too many of them but a fantastic end to a great evening.
Breakfast the next day was nice, there were lots of options but I’ve had better quality of food elsewhere. There is a huge variety of choice which makes up for the slight lack of 5 star excellence I had been expecting.
The Oasis Spa was the highlight of our stay. You are whisked away to the relaxation room to sip refreshing drinks while contemplating what to do, go to the sauna with the panoramic view of the garden, the steam room, or my favourite, the mineral pool. It was really relaxing lying in the pool with jets of bubbles gently massaging you whilst enjoying the captivating views below. I did not want to leave. Reluctantly I did and went for my back massage which was very pleasant.
As we had a late checkout we didn’t need to rush to leave the room and had a lazy lunch in the bar before heading off.
If I had to criticize the hotel at all it would be that the distance from our room to the lifts was huge, we are a fit young couple who have no problem walking but I would have thought the hotel would be better serviced with lifts. Also, our room was very elegant but a little sparse in furniture I thought, if I were to be finicky about such things.
However, I would highly recommend the Lyrath to anyone wanting to check out of reality for a weekend. My whole stay was wonderful and I have to say that the two golden retriever dogs, Oscar and Ringo, hanging around outside were so adorable and definitely made my stay!
I can’t wait to go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre