“Top class hotel”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Dublin, Ireland
“Top class hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

This was not my first visit to this hotel and it certainly wont be my last. We brought my parents away for their 50th wedding anniversary and everything from start to finish was perfect. My parents were upgraded and champagne and chocolates awaited their arrivla. Afternoon tea and a few pints in the bar were very relaxing. That night we ate in the Le Perala restaurant. The service was excellent as was the setting and the food was as good as i have tasted anywhere cant speak highly enough of it. The X Bar was perfect place to finish off the evening and again service was excellent. Next day and i have to say you will go to a long way before you find a breakfast as good as this. Huge selection and of everything and it was all top quailty food. Finally took a stroll around one of the 6 tracks around the estate which has 170 acres with lakes and many other attractions. Cant recomend highly enough.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank burkied

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

Breathtaking! This place is perfect for anyone who needs a 5 star location with the professional staff to boot! From the views, to the walks, to the food everything is 5 star!
Will be back as soon as possible.

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

Stayed here with 7-months pregnant missus and 2 year old son for midweek 2 night break (2 breakfasts & 1 dinner included).

very nice experience and relaxing. Dinner was good but I'm glad it was included as it is pricy for what u get. Kid meal was good and service very pleasant and kid made welcome.

Breakfasts were great! (Including really nice girl who gave us bread for ducks - Thanks Esther!!

Pool great and relaxing.

All-in... Great.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank DaveOnHols
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

I have being here Twice. The first time it was really busy and felt service was slow. the second time was for a wedding and from the beginning the staff were so helpful, friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Food to die for but still a little expensive with a recession in ireland
The only negative comment would be on check out it was very busy and the Manger looked hungover and was so rude and her attitude was horrendous. She looked and acted like she wished we would all just disappear and we all said so after checkout. which was such a shame. I accept and hope this was a one off event . I would like to think they I could advise my friends and family to go.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Wonderful hotel, beautiful location. Its not the cheapest place in Kilkenny, but you do get a top quality hotel, on amazing grounds. The pool/spa area is very nice, as is the breakfast!!!!

dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

My husband booked a 2 night B&B 1 Dinner package for my birthday two weeks ago and it was fabulous. The room was surprisingly spacious and very comfortable. I love when I go to a hotel and come away inspired. Everything was great, the food, the view of the grounds from our window and the service we received from all the staff. The best part for me was the Spa. In my opinion, it is up there with the best! I loved the fact that it was set apart from the leisure centre as it was so calming and relaxing once you entered into that private space. I was very happy with the treatments I had and thought they were very good value. Overall, I really couldn't fault this hotel, both for excellence and value for money! I have already recommended it to my family and friends ane will be returning ourselves very soon.

Room Tip: Higher floors have best view of the estate grounds
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Ennis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

My Wife and I booked into the Hotel on a 2 night mid-week (B&B and 1 Dinner) package after an eventful day, when a hotel we had made reservations were overbooked so we made alternative reservations, and decided to book in here.
As we drove in the entrance to the Hotel, off the main road, and up towards the Hotel itself I commented how "beautiful and relaxing" it looked. We first noticed the original house of the Lyrath Estate and thought "Ooh it's a quite small hotel" but its very deceiving, and this is evident once you enter the lobby and the "WOW" factor kicks in. We were warmly greeted at reception, no queuing and were dealt with promptly and professionally. We were given all the relevant information about the restaurants etc on arrival and given directions to our room 416. As we walked towards the elevators we were in AAWH of the place.
We walked up the corridor to our room, swiped the key to get into the room, we didn't know what to expect, door opened, enter, and "Ooh my God" it was lovely. The room overlooked the Hotels landscaped gardens, there was a balcony with seats outside, it was spacious and very modern. The Bathroom was big with a separate shower and bath (best of both worlds). The room was spotless, cleaned to a high standard. We relaxed in the room for a while before going down to the bar for a drink and a bite to eat.
We sat in the glassed terraced area in Tupper's Bar, which overlooks the gardens.The waitress was very pleasant and when she took our order she explained that the "well done burger" my wife ordered would take 20mins. We were in no rush and I was happy to be informed of this otherwise you may be left watching the clock wondering where our food was if you were in a rush. The time went peacefully by and the food arrived, in what seemed to be no time at all. I had the Cod and my wife had the Burger, both were beautifully cooked and you could taste the freshness from the food. For bar food it was very reasonably priced and extremely tasty.
Breakfast was very nice, good selection of fresh fruits, yoghurts, juices, pastries, jams, breads (recipe next to bread if you like it), cereals, cheeses and meats. the breakfast is buffet style and has everything (saus, rash, pudd, beans, mush, spuds, eggs (fried, scrambled), pancakes and waffles). my wife ordered a hard boiled egg and there was no issue.
After breakfast we went a walk around the grounds of the hotel, there are two rambling trails which can take between 1-3hrs. The hotel have 3 golden retriever dogs which live on the estate and they follow you round. We are dog lovers and had a great time with the 3 of them, very friendly and great fun, made the walk very enjoyable.
The hotel has 2 restaurants, La Perla and Yindees, they open on alternating nights so if your staying 2 nights you can experience both restaurants. We made dinner reservations for 8.30pm in Yindees. The restaurant was very busy when we arrived with alot of couple/family tables as well as a large party of 12-14 which seemed to be seated in a private area. Our order was taken and the starters came out without delay, the taste and freshness of the food was beautiful. There was a little time between starters and mains giving you an opportunity to digest the food. The atmosphere was very relaxed, The staff were attentive and you were never left wanting. The mains arrived, i had duck (pink) with a plum sauce, cooked perfect, with stir-fry veg and noodles. The portions were enough that your weren't busting at the seem but that you weren't left hungry, and they came round asking if you needed more rice/noodles. We also had dessert which was nice and not too heavy after a wonderful meal.
We went back to our room to find the beds turned down with a chocolates and bt water in the room, with a towel on floor which seemed to sooth your feet before you got into bed. We got some chocolate dipped strawberries, fruit platter, bt red wine and some Butler's chocolates delivered to the room, a great way to round off a wonderful stay.
My wife and I had a discussion bout our 2 night stay and we both agreed that it was like we had been here for a week, that it was so peaceful. The hotel is designed in such a way that there is never a larger congregation of people in anyone area at any one time. Ooh and the cinema is a great idea, yeah 20 seater private cinema!!
I can honestly say that I couldn't find fault with the hotel. I will definitely return in the near future.

1 Thank ShaneHayes8