The Lyrath is a pretty good hotel but I don't know about the five start rating it ascertains to.
The staff are excellent and attentive. The accommodation is good in this hotel with well proportioned rooms as well as spacious ensuites.
The hotel would have a few negatives and maybe there should be a little more attention to detail. When we stayed there the digital clock on the old fashioned tube tv was not adjusted to winter time and we were unable to correct this ourselves. The handle on the curtain rail in our room was broken, different size lightbulbs were used in the vanity lights in the bathroom, fridge was not working properly but rectified when we asked to have it replaced. Small things like this suggest that hotels these days are cutting back on inhouse maintenance given the current economic climate.
In the bar area there were battery operated nightlights used at the tables, this seems to be a bit tacky for an Estate House Hotel and given it was November it would be a nice touch to have open lit fires.
Breakfast was good but I would prefer fresh tea/coffee was served fresh rather than tea/coffee stored in insulated pots.
Prices in the bar were very pricey and given that the hotel is a taxi ride from Kilkenny City centre there is no alternative close by.
The spa and pool facilities/ changing rooms are very small and this is disappointing for what is a large hotel.
This hotel would appear to be primarily a conference/ wedding facility but there are certainly good offers if you want a break away from the cities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre