This place is fantastic!
Just home from a night here and had to share my experience
Parking - a short stroll to the front door
Check in - pleasant lady and very fast
Rooms - beautiful - one double one single bed bathroom with shower, bath and a separate toilet
We used the pool and the gym but didn’t feel the need to go to the spa as the pool has a Jacuzzi and steam room (maybe next visit :))
Before dinner we explored the hotel visiting the old estate house where there are rooms that you can sit and read or listen to some music. We then had a drink in Tuppers and the Xbar.
Dinner - we ate in La Perla and the food was just amazing we had the red pepper and chorizo risotto and the prawn linguini for starters, the bass and the chicken for mains (both presented beautifully with lots of potatoes and veg) and for desert we had the Oreo cheesecake and a passion fruit dish. All washed down with a bottle of Rose. From start to finish just amazing!
After dinner there was a fantastic bit of piano music being played in the lobby
We decided to have the late check-out so this was extended to 3pm for just 30euro - we didn’t want to leave too early :)
We had some lunch in Tuppers before we left very good seafood chowder!
All in all a fantastic time and will be back for sure!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Nozio Netplan srl, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre