“Fantastic hotel!”

Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic hotel!”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

This place is fantastic!
Just home from a night here and had to share my experience
Parking - a short stroll to the front door
Check in - pleasant lady and very fast
Rooms - beautiful - one double one single bed bathroom with shower, bath and a separate toilet
We used the pool and the gym but didn’t feel the need to go to the spa as the pool has a Jacuzzi and steam room (maybe next visit :))
Before dinner we explored the hotel visiting the old estate house where there are rooms that you can sit and read or listen to some music. We then had a drink in Tuppers and the Xbar.
Dinner - we ate in La Perla and the food was just amazing we had the red pepper and chorizo risotto and the prawn linguini for starters, the bass and the chicken for mains (both presented beautifully with lots of potatoes and veg) and for desert we had the Oreo cheesecake and a passion fruit dish. All washed down with a bottle of Rose. From start to finish just amazing!

After dinner there was a fantastic bit of piano music being played in the lobby

We decided to have the late check-out so this was extended to 3pm for just 30euro - we didn’t want to leave too early :)

We had some lunch in Tuppers before we left very good seafood chowder!

All in all a fantastic time and will be back for sure!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
LyrathEstate, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear KazzM88

Many thanks for the time you have taken to share your thoughts on your recent experiences with us here at the Lyrath Estate Hotel. I am perhaps a little biased but I could not agree more with the title of your review!

It is genuinely a pleasure to hear that you had such an enjoyable time here at Lyrath Estate and we are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and found the facilities and service to be first class throughout.

Noel our new head chef has also passed on the thanks of his team and his personal gratitude for the kind comments relating to the food you enjoyed whilst with us. The team at Lyrath are committed to fantastic hospitality at all times, and having shared your feedback with them they have all asked to be associated with my thanks for such kind comments.

I firmly believe the hotel provides the best of both worlds with great quality modern amenities whilst retaining the charm and character of a bygone era in the beautiful surroundings of the Old House.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate Hotel and hope you have another opportunity to enjoy all of our superb facilities.

Iain Gray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights with my fiance over New Years. The staff were lovely, friendly and helpful all the time. We ate in the bar as well as the restaurant. The food was fantastic. Our meal on New Years Eve in the restaurant was one of the nicest meals I've ever had. I had two spa treatments,the facial being better. It was fabulous. We both went swimming and my fiance used the gym. Only small suggestion is to section maybe one small lane in the pool for the adults who want to swim and the gym could be better. On New Years Eve I came down with tonsillitis and the staff were so helpful in finding a doctor for me and trying various numbers until I managed to find a doctor. It was so busy there over New Years and yet it was still excellent. I will definitely be returning and I highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 303 was perfect. Lovely balcony.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Clihar

I appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback with us, following your stay at Lyrath Estate Hotel over the New Year period.

It was great to hear that you had such a great time with us here at Lyrath Estate, and the team very much enjoyed delivering a fantastic party for the New Year Holiday . We are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and found the facilities and service to be first class throughout.

I have passed on your kind comments to all of the team and they have asked me to pass on their genuine thanks for such lovely feedback. Louise our Spa Manager, and Noel our new head chef have also passed on their personal gratitude for the kind comments relating to the Spa and the food provided. Liam who looks after the leisure club is looking to introduce a swimming lane in the coming weeks, a valid and well received suggestion.

The team at Lyrath are committed to fantastic hospitality at all times. We genuinely recognise the quality of the surroundings at Lyrath, more importantly we value the key asset that helps us stand out from the crowd, our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate Hotel and hope you have another opportunity to enjoy all of our fantastic facilities.

ireland
Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

Well where do I begin. Stayed ere last September just gone and it was fab!! Went with my sister and stayed for two nights. Room was outstanding had our own balcony with views of the beautiful gardens. Staff on arrival we very helpful even took our bags to our room. Food was lovely. All staff were great. Breakfast was outstanding self service never saw so much food lol. Beautiful walks around the estate even if your not a walker you will enjoy it.
The Spa was outstanding and been a massage therapist myself they were amazing. I came away from the lyrath Estate feeling absolutely refreshed relaxed and distressed. My apologies for leaving it so long to write a review! I am making it my business to make it there again this year. Thank you for a wonderful 2nights stay in such a beautiful setting, the people of Kilkenny are so lucky to have such a fab place :-)
Regards
Caroline / Cork

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Cazod

I appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback with us, following your stay at Lyrath Estate Hotel in January.

It was great to hear that you had such a great time with here at Lyrath Estate in September. We are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and found the facilities and service to first class throughout.

The team at Lyrath are committed to fantastic hospitality at all times, and having shared your feedback with them they have asked to be associated with my thanks for such kind comments. We genuinely recognise the quality of the surroundings at Lyrath, more importantly we value the key asset that helps us stand out from the crowd, our team.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

I had my doubts booking a hotel like Lyrath for a family 2 night break, I thought it would be too stuffy and not welcoming to kids. We went with friends so there was 5 kids in our party and we had a ball, the staff had a great balance of good professional service while being accommodating to kids. The facilities were great for adults & kids, between the pool, games room, kids cinema, 4 different food & drink locations, kids playground, snooker room etc.. and Kilkenny city close by, there was plenty to occupy us. The hotel organised sitters for our kids while we ate in La Perla, the sitters were a local mom & daughter duo regularly used by the hotel. A truly great break in lovely surroundings with great food & bar options on site. I highly recommend Lyrath for that family getaway and we will be returning.

Room Tip: 3+2 require a family suite with three single beds
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PartyofFive2005
Dear PartyofFive 2005

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us, following your stay at Lyrath Estate Hotel in January.

The team are very pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and had the opportunity to experience the relaxed atmosphere that we aim to deliver to all of our valued guests. Our aim at all times is to provide great hospitality and service whilst being very much family oriented providing plenty of activities to keep the kids occupied.

Over the holiday periods we extend this range of activities as we are very aware of how precious family time is, we host activities including reptile zoo, craft classes, and treasure hunts regularly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate Hotel, for another great family break in the near future.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

We are just back from an over night stay at Lyrath (2 couples). Got a great deal - 1 nights B&B & an evening meal at Le Perla Restaurant for €115pps. Restaurant food was amazing and the staff were very helpful as my friend was coeliac. In general the staff made the stay for us - we met Tom the concierge and was so helpful & friendly.The restaurant staff were exceptionally nice as well as the bar staff.
Rooms were general enough - the pillows there are amazing!! Nice big bathroom and robes & slippers provided.
Plenty choice for food & drink. Didn't check out the Spa or health club.
Bit disappointed about the wine celler - I had read up on it on website and was excepecting a little more from the description. Thought it would be bigger and we would be taken down to pick our wine.
A nice, friendly hotel and so near Kilkenny city but yet very quiet.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
LyrathEstate, General Manager at Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Dear Missybobs101,

Thank you for choosing Lyrath estate for your recent short break, and for taking the time to share your experiences with us on Trip Advisor.

We are very proud of the food we deliver to our customers and I know my chefs will be very happy to read your kind comments, they work hard daily with the finest of produce to provide some outstanding dishes, to have this recognised is praise indeed.

I agree with you fully that it is the team that make the difference and with outstanding characters like Tom on the team, it makes our guest experience just that little bit more special and memorable.

I am delighted that you share my views on the wine cellar, whilst I agree it is a little “cosy”, I also agree that much better use of this space could be made for all guests. Annand my restaurant manager and Emma-Jane my operations manager are currently working on a plan to do just that and to open this area up in its own right as a bar for pre and post dinner drinks; once our plan is delivered we will keep you updated by our web-site and also via our Face Book Page.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and hope that you have the opportunity to enjoy our Oasis Spa, and the many other facilities we have on offer.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Myself and my husband stayed in lyrath. We had a great time. Racheal on the desk was very helpful, we upgrade to room 41 , a m
ust!!!. We went for spa treatments . I had a head, back, shoulder massage and a fab facial. Amazing thanks to cora. The whole experience in the hotel was fantastic. The staff were very helpful. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank clokings
Dear Clokings,

I very much enjoy the caption of your review and agree that the nature and character of Lyrath is as you have put it a great marriage of heritage and great standard modern facilities. Thanks for your time in reviewing Lyrath Estate and sharing your valued feedback.

Rachel is a real asset to the Lyrath estate, and provides a very genuine and warm hospitality to all of our guests. Room 41 really is magnificent and offers great views over the lovely gardens to the rear and further out into the country side.

I am also happy that you had the opportunity to enjoy some great relaxation in our Oasis Spa, a fantastic facility made all the more special by a great team, I will pass on your compliments to Cora when I see her tomorrow.

The whole team are delighted you enjoyed your recent break and look forward to welcoming you back to Lyrath hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

Hi
Just writing a review about our stay last night in the lyrath. We had booked room 41 and too our great surprise we were allocated the penthouse. What can I say but wow wow wow. Such a beautiful place. Really clean and tranquil. The yindees restaurant was lovely and very tasty. Enjoyed it so much. The cinema and champagne went down a treat. We enjoyed the snooker room. We did not use the spa or health club. Well maybe on our next visit. There is a very relaxed atmosphere and at times service could have been better. But we got a great surprise when Terry talked to us about same which was a lovely touch. We had a wonderful time in this beautiful hotel. We will return some day.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Berni2020

I must say when I saw the Penthouse here at Lyrath my reaction was much the same as yours and that is from someone who has worked in hotels for 26 years! We are very grateful that you have shared your experiences with us on Trip Advisor.

I have passed on your comments to Owen the head Chef in our Thai restaurant and Annand who is our restaurant manager; they are very pleased that you enjoyed the experience in Yindees as are the rest of the Yindees team. I am also glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy some of the other excellent facilities on offer, and I do hope that next time you visit Lyrath that you will be able to take the opportunity to relax in the luxury surroundings of our Oasis Spa.

I am also pleased Terry was able to contact you following your stay to assure you following an error on our part regarding service. This is a standard to which we aspire; we will always aim to capture guest feedback even after the fact. The aim of the team here at Lyrath is that if and when we make a mistake, we recognise this, and react positively to correct and improve our standards.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Lyrath Estate in the near future for another relaxing and enjoyable stay.